News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my deal of the week!

Started by 1BAD68, February 09, 2007, 10:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

My friend brought these over after he found them for ten bucks, now their mine. '68 Plates with '70 (Gomango) stickers  :yesnod:
Too bad I cant run them, but they'll be cool to put on my car if I take it to a show this summer

PocketThunder

I remeber those when i was a kid.  Are you a cheesehead?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Those are nice for the age. Believe me, if you can run them the price goes up exponentially.

rt green

funny you should post them. i was thinking the same thing the other day. wouldn't it be cool to run original plates on my charger. so out of curiosity, i looked up the south dakota dmv site[my state]  and looked for the laws on that. low and behold, there it was. seems you have to copy a request  form from the site, send in the ten bucks, and they will decide if you can run the old plates legally. check wis, they might have the same thing.         bruce
third string oil changer

bull

Quote from: rt green on February 09, 2007, 10:57:51 AM
funny you should post them. i was thinking the same thing the other day. wouldn't it be cool to run original plates on my charger. so out of curiosity, i looked up the south dakota dmv site[my state]  and looked for the laws on that. low and behold, there it was. seems you have to copy a request  form from the site, send in the ten bucks, and they will decide if you can run the old plates legally. check wis, they might have the same thing.         bruce

That's the best way to go if it can be done. The hard part is finding plates that can be state approved that are in half-decent shape. I was a bit concerned about giving the state $10 every time I found some usable plates (which aren't easy to find in the first place) so I just got a nice pair from a plate restoration place that were already state approved. But Oregon might be different.

TruckDriver

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 09, 2007, 10:55:37 AM

He lives about 45 minutes east of me :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 09, 2007, 11:46:22 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on February 09, 2007, 10:55:37 AM

He lives about 45 minutes east of me :yesnod:

Cool.  My cousin lives in Sheyboygan, i need to get over there sometime.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Wisconsin won't let you register your car with those? That's lame, they'll let you do it here as long as you have a pair of plates, not just one.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

NY lets you register the car historically with our old plates.  Just as long as the # is not being used on a new issue plate & you have the correct year sticker for the year of the car you are registering.......$23 a year :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

OttawaCharger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 09, 2007, 01:38:47 PM
NY lets you register the car historically with our old plates.  Just as long as the # is not being used on a new issue plate & you have the correct year sticker for the year of the car you are registering.......$23 a year :thumbs:

Ontario has the same deal. As long as you have a matching pair and the number isn't in the system, you can register them  :yesnod:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Bandit72

i wish i could find some 72 kansas plates for my charger.....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....