News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1st official update (on this site) for dodgecharger.com car September

Started by yellowcuda, September 04, 2005, 12:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcuda

OK, so I am a few days late on this one, but I knew it would be long.   For those of you that don't know:

On our old site we had the idea of having someone restore a car that would represent the site.   A car that would be brought to shows advertising our site and what it stands for.   Jonathan (eastcoastchargers) and I volunteered to do the restore.   Because most of the money and all of the time put into the car is ours the title will be in our name and we will keep the car.   The car was donated by Travis (the man with a million Chargers) it is a '68 Charger that needs a lot of work (to put it mildly).   Donations can be made to the car to help restore the car and anyone that has time to come by is always welcome to donate time.   The car will be shown with a book detailing it's history of resotration through pictures of all the steps and names of all of those that contributed.   If parts were contributed it will list what part was contributed.   We are hoping to have a magazine cover it when finished because of it's unique restoration.   We are going to post opinion polls on things related to the car when it gets to that point.   Let me stress NOBODY IS REQUIRED TO DONATE, nobody has to do anything.   We will restore it either way.  
To date we have had $275.00 donated and a lot of people willing to donate parts.   We had to move to build a bigger garage to restore this car, because we just finished the 2nd Charger and ran out of garage space.   This cars resto. has officially been put in front of my Cuda's restoration   :'( but that is OK.   The garage is almost done.   The car is being kept inside of it to curb any further damage.   We are waiting on a 3rd inspection so that we can finish the electrical.   At that point we will begin the attack on the car.
I am also on a mission to find a front right fender for the car and will be checking the swap meet at the Hayes Mopar show next weekend.
Part of the deal here to that I document everything and update the site monthly on the 1st with updates of the car.   None of the car money donated has ever been touched except to move it into a savings account to grow some interest. (Lord knows we will need it).
I am including pictures of the car here and updated pics of the new garage.
Anyone that wants to donate and be a part of the car our paypal address is:

shelleyhurd@comcast.net   or mail to Shelley Hurd
                                                                             2730 Atkinson Road
                                                                            Loganville, GA 30052

Anyone has any questions about the restoration or wants to come help call us at 770-554-2870.
I have also included some links to our pics of the Dodge Charger.com car as well as our other cars so that you can see the resto. process we do.   (We do ALL the work ourselves.)   You can ask Sublime69 (Doug) how our cars look as well as ask him how much work the '68 needs.

Thank you to everyone that donated in the past.
Shelley

http://community.webshots.com/user/shellhunt FOR MORE PICS

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

ChargerSG

After looking at the pictures, i see you have "some" welding to take care off, do you have a motor and trans for the car? I imagne it gonna cost some bucks to get this car burning rubber. Its gonna be real intressting to see this projekt develope and i wish you all the best of luck.
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

cudaken

Good luck guy's, to bad your on the E-Coast or I be happy to help. When you are to a point you need some part's let me know. I have a friend that has a Mopar Junk Yard and he normaly gives me some great prcies.

With that rear end hit, how is the Frame Rail, trunk floor being gone is a given.

Cuda Ken

I am back

yellowcuda

Frame rail is bent. They are also rusted through. We will probably have to put a whole new back end on the car from the sailpanel back.   This car will be even more work than it appears in pictures.   We can do it though, don't fear.   We will get with you on parts too.   I will be posting a "need for parts" post when we need them after the big stripdown.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

MoparYoungGun

Isn't this particular '68 one of the first ones built? Wasn't there also something rare about the interior? Good luck guys :cheers: , it looks like your going to need it!

yellowcuda

Quote from: ChargerSG on September 04, 2005, 01:23:51 PM
After looking at the pictures, i see you have "some" welding to take care off, do you have a motor and trans for the car? I imagne it gonna cost some bucks to get this car burning rubber. Its gonna be real intressting to see this projekt develope and i wish you all the best of luck.
We have a 440 motor that came out of one of our other Chargers, no transmission though.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

yellowcuda

Quote from: MoparYoungGun on September 04, 2005, 02:10:52 PM
Isn't this particular '68 one of the first ones built? Wasn't there also something rare about the interior? Good luck guys :cheers: , it looks like your going to need it!

I believe it is something like #2 of the last remaining (if you can call it that) '68's off the line for that year.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

yellowcuda

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

SuBLimE 69

I saw DC car in person.... :o  I'd have buried it of planted flowers in it...That thing is thrashed   :rotz:  But Johnathan has some mad skillz by looking at his other cars so it is in very capable hands for sure.  :icon_smile_approve:

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Silver R/T

I can do body work, too bad im far away and I still have to restore my 68 before anything else
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69charger2002

ahh the RARE 383/4 speed car. i am so glad ya'll are still going to tackle the project. thanks for the update shelley tell jontahan hey!
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Stormhammer

I'm still wanting to help! Better have that sweet iced tea ready!  :icon_smile_approve: ( <-- that icon makes me think of the word frumpy... lol ) - I just need to get my blasted Conquest down here then I can head on over and be like... so what do I do  :icon_smile_big:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Good to see an update Shelly.........keep us posted!

PS---that garage looks killer!! (I'd kill for that)

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

DC_1

I am more interested in seeing some more pics of your garage!.......Why did you put such a large door at the side for?

yellowcuda

Quote from: Sydmoe on September 05, 2005, 01:52:43 PM
I am more interested in seeing some more pics of your garage!.......Why did you put such a large door at the side for?

The garage is a dream come true for Jonathan and still a work in progress.  The side door is because the whole upstairs is storage for parts and we are putting a deck with stairs coming down so that we can bring things up and down easily without taking up space inside the garage.
We are currently looking for a right front fender, and a decent grill.  Will pay...
I will post more pics of the garage inside soon and keep ya'll up to speed.  Comes out to 2190 square feet (bigger than our last house) and we are already talking about having to build a barn for the trailers, tractor and loader.  We still have one Charger in the house garage ( I want that out so I can park there) :icon_smile_big:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda