News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP!! Wiper Motor Issue!!

Started by TylerCharger69, February 09, 2007, 06:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Can somebody give me a call???   My internet is down right now and I need to desperately get some information as to the two soldered wires coming out of the face of my 3-speed wiper motor.  I probably shouldn't do this...but my number is (361)425-5444.  I'm in South Texas.  I'm using a friend's machine right now and I have wiring schematics, but it doesn't show in detail very well,  and the pictures of engine compartments I've looked through here in the forum  aren't very clear.  To sum it up...one of the soldered "leads" is where one of the wires broke off,  and coming out of the motor itself, are three wires....One is thicker than the other two, and  none of them are insulated.  I need to know where exactly these wires go, and which wires solder where in order to hook in the harness properly!!!    Thanks all.....I'll be back hopefully soon!!!     Ace

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

You are going to have to call him 1hot.

I went out and looked at mine but sadly couldn't get the right info cause my entire bay was blasted orange when the PO painted it.  I think that pic will definitely help him though if you call him and walk him through on the phone.  Nice job. :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TylerCharger69

I just spoke with Mike over the phone.  I came back over here to see the pic that was posted.    Excellent pic I might add.....I'm having trouble ascertaining if some of those wires are capped off individually, or if there are two wires in each.   Different angles of that motor would probably solve my issues and then I could figure out what goes where.  The harness from the face and the bulkhead connector is pretty self-explanatory.  My problem is that I have my motor apart.  There are four wires coming from the copper windings within. Two are really thin, and the other two are thicker.  From what I can see,  one of the wires has what appears to be a white insulation around it...sort of a rope style insulation,  and I believe another one has a red insulation around it of the same fashion.   These four wires (the ones coming from the motor itself....through the little hole) are the ones I need to see where they go to, and...are all of those wires supposed to have insulation on them?   One other concern is....are the plates inside of this motor supposed to have magnetic properties?....Or if so...only when the motor is turned on???  I may just end up sending this thing to the cool link that 1hot68 has posted and exchange it.  Mike is going to call back tomorrow and perhaps that may answer my questions.   I really appreciate the help everybody!!!!!    Ace

Charger-Bodie

the wires should have cloth ins on each as far as where they go im not gonna be alot of help because i dont have a motor in front of me but if you decide to sent it off to him you will be amazed by the AWQESOME job he does with the motor the plating is redone and everything it really a great deal and not that bad of price either i dont think anyway good luck brian
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

mikepmcs

Hey, i'm bumping this cause I had hopes of helping Ace today with his wiper issue but sadly I can't get that paint off my wires for the life of me, and don't want to risk breaking them cause they look pretty brittle on there.  Anyways, i'll be calling Ace to apologize for wasting his time.

Sorry man, if you read this.  My intentions were good though.

Someone smarter than me please help him out.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 10, 2007, 10:21:41 AM
Hey, i'm bumping this cause I had hopes of helping Ace today with his wiper issue but sadly I can't get that paint off my wires for the life of me, and don't want to risk breaking them cause they look pretty brittle on there.  Anyways, i'll be calling Ace to apologize for wasting his time.

Sorry man, if you read this.  My intentions were good though.

Someone smarter than me please help him out.

v/r
Mike

ive got a motor at the shop that im gonna take a look at today and give him a call hopefully it will help but weel see i guess

mikepmcs

Charger-Bodie

sorry but the color is worn off the ins so this motor is of no help so if someone else can jump in and help

BrianShaughnessy

I posted this pic about a year ago.   That's my Jules the Wiperman motor I got last year.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TylerCharger69

This may be the ticket!!!   The latest pic that is...from  the connector (bulkhead) to the motor....I see  green  splices to yellow  then to the motor.  Then red splices to red fabric then to the motor.  Then Black  goes to Black fabric then to motor,   then the blue goes to the right side face of the transmission  and the two greens coming from the left side transmissiongo to the motor.    I  think since this is a better angle, I can make out what goes where.  And of course...the other two black wires go to the two-pronged pigtail.   Now...since the wires in the motor have lost most of the fabric...now I need to see which is which!!!...lol......I'll keep you all posted!!!   Thanks everybody  for your calls  and your help.   The comaradary  (sp?) in this forum is just amazing!!!    Ace