News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone into Def Leppard?

Started by Wakko, July 23, 2005, 06:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFMopar

Nothing is cooler than a one armed drummer who beats his wife  :icon_smile_big:
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

PocketThunder

Saw them 2 summers ago for the first time and they Kicked ASS!!!  but my friends always asks me "what has 9 arms and sucks?"

Quote from: General_01 on July 23, 2005, 10:30:20 PM
Me and my wife like them. My fav album is Pyromania. We are going to see them next Friday. They are touring with Bryan Adams. Should be fun.

Hey lets meet up!  I'm trying to talk Katy into going but she says huh?  So maybe i'll bring my girlfriend instead. :-X     We're gonna scalp tickets, i'll meet you by the 3rd base area before the show if we make it. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Wakko

Quote from: Thread_Marshal on July 26, 2005, 10:30:12 PM
Nothing is cooler than a one armed drummer who beats his wife   :icon_smile_big:

And Phil Collen (the guitarist) was taken to jail in the US for beating HIS wife.  How sweet!
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Wakko

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Wakko

No, I don't wanna watch what you and Dean do at the third base spot.   :puke:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

SeattleCharger

I like older Def Leopard songs.  Saw the Pyromania tour in, jeez, eighth grade?  Wore that Pyromania concert shirt until it fell off me in shreds.  Plus, later on, the poor drummer losing his arm, and they kept on playing, gotta give 'em credit for that.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

ChgrSteve67

I saw Def Leppard in Sacramento about 5 Years ago I think. They had an opening band called "Tripping Daisy" that sucked ass. the crowd began booing them off of the stage and the lead singer started accusing the audience that the reason we didn't like them was because they were all gay. And we knew they were gay how??? Anyways they kind of spoiled the hole mood. My wife and I stayed for about another hour. Def Leppard sounded ok but not for me to go back and see them again.

Rush
Scorpions
Ozzy
and of course a little smoke to get it all rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yesnod:

dkn1997

Saw them at Jones Beach last summer.  It's over, guy.  Joe Elliot cannot sing anymore.  I love the albums, but it's time to walk away.

RECHRGED

Wakko

He sounded pretty bad ass last Friday night.  Just the same as the albums, it was impressive.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

bull

Funny how the stuff they recorded after they got popular is considered "commercial" and everything they recorded before was the genuine material. Ever consider that maybe they just sucked for the first two albums and eventually pulled their heads out? 

General_01

Went and saw them last night. Joe's voice was tired. He couldn't hit the high notes. Bryan Adams was good. His voice was in fine form and the band rocked.

Sorry if I missed you PT. I have been busy the whole week and never checked this thread out until today. Hope I see you tomorrow. Take care.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 26, 2005, 10:47:06 PM
Quote from: Wakko on July 26, 2005, 10:45:27 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on July 26, 2005, 10:37:27 PM
3rd base area

Under the bleachers???     ???

watch it pal   :slap:

HAHAHA!! :smilielol:

Def Leppard was the scheit when I was in high school, around 80-81. I never did get to see a concert though. :-\
I haven't heard their newer stuff. Once the sound changed, that was it for me.

I tend to like the earlier stuff from most bands...when they were running on authentic talent & not commercial prodding.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dkn1997

RECHRGED

aftershock1974

I saw them Down here in New Orleans last Sunday night.  They rocked.  I haven't seen them since 93 either.  They had an opening band.  It was a local band out of New Orleans.  They were pretty good but probably should have opened for somebody like Marilyn Manson or something.  To heave to be opening for DL.

PocketThunder

Quote from: General_01 on July 30, 2005, 09:00:38 AM
Went and saw them last night. Joe's voice was tired. He couldn't hit the high notes. Bryan Adams was good. His voice was in fine form and the band rocked.

Sorry if I missed you PT. I have been busy the whole week and never checked this thread out until today. Hope I see you tomorrow. Take care.

We didnt make it over there.  My spouse didnt want to go and all my girlfriends were unavailable. .  We were too busy cleaning the house to get it ready for sale on Monday... :icon_smile_sad:

ClassicStack

I liked their early stuff when they had a rawer sound,  before their songwriting skills peeked. I really don't keep up with them but do they still have Vivian Campbell in the band? I remember about ten year's ago or so they picked him up after Clarke passed away. I think it was about three year's or so after Clarke passed they picked up Vivian. Am I right or wrong about this? I do remeber that Vivian was a hell of a guitar player with Dio.

Sorry if I keep on repeating my self with the word remember I don't know what the heck is wrong with me!

Wakko

Yeah Vivian is still there.  THey've definitely slowed down their newer music, but it's still good...just not as good as their older harder stuff, IMO. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM