News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HLPAG - Luedtke Auto Group reputation - Should I buy from them ???

Started by kripledbybuick, January 09, 2007, 01:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1fine69

I would definentley shop around and whomever gives you the best deal then jump on it. your list is long and has some expensive stuff on there. make them work for you cause it's not like you're buying a popsicle. also get as many pics of the progress and once it's done fly out or drive out and check it out in person and give it the yay or nay! like i said make it work for you it's your dream car they are going to be building. good luck!
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

kripledbybuick

I have been waiting for all the quotes to come back, but I think I will be going with Scottleaidolrods... I like his attention to details and multi stage high quality paint job! I did get a responce from hlpag and was surprised by how nice Oscar was after I told him his reputation was bad... Here is his responce and my original e-mail he replied to:

JASON,

no sweat. sorry for the delay in getting back to you i have been swamped and in n out of the office. i understand exactly where you are coming. from. i do want you to know that unfortunantley our reputation was tainted very bad by people here and since i have moved into the position i am in here i have been trying to make things better. so i work with what i get. and to be honest with you it is very rewarding to see peoples remarks and praises when we do their car exactly how they want it. our offer still stands and will stand. i enjoyed speaking to you all the times we did cause i am always looking to learn and you taught me a thing or two! either way whether we build it or someone else does it for you i hope it makes your childhood dream come true. and if you need anything just let me know either by email or via phone call. thanks sooooo much for your time OSCAR.........847-265-1234

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To:  "MR. MOPAR" <procar426@hotmail.com>
Subject:  RE: headers
Date:  Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:07:35 -0800
>Hi Oscar,
>
>  I am sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner with this info, but
>it has been insanely busy over here. I have decided to find another
>builder for this project, this decision has nothing to do with you
>personally, I have enjoyed working on the details with you and like
>your work ethics. Unfortunately after I looked into the hlpag
>business reputation it came back with terrible results. I am just
>not comfortable doing a project of this size with a builder that has
>such a large number of very dissatisfied customers. It just could be
>that other people who have purchased from you are completely
>unrealistic and that has damaged the reputation of a fine builder,
>but the reputation is out there non-the-less. Please feel free to
>chat with me concerning any details leading to this decision anytime
>that is convenient for you. Again thank you for all your fine help
>and I wish you the best of luck with your business, it seems you
>must have plenty of sales and I bet you have plenty of happy
>customers.
>
>Thank you very much,
>Jason

I sent Oscar an e-mail the day after I joined up here, and I was overly nice about the reputation I have now come to know as beyond disgusting. But Oscar was always nice to me, so I was nice back. It looks like they are very aware of the reputation they have built, I have no idea how they could recover from the damage they have done but I can hope they don't cause any more damage to the unsuspecting future customers. I think some one should post a permanent warning about these guys and put their full name and key words like general lee and reputation in the title so guys like me could find it easily.

mikepmcs

If they were so destined to make things right, then they should/would give Tony (Airborne Silva) some if not all of his cash back, or at least attempt to make it right with parts, etc.....  I don't believe Oscar is being totally forethcoming in his email.  Cause he can say whatever he wants in an email(and definitley a savey approach), but had you went with him, who knows what the outcome would be. 
I think you made a wise decision not to go with them and i hope the guy you choose does a great job for you.
my.02

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?