News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauges not working at times

Started by kink67, February 14, 2007, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kink67

My1966 charger is having issues with the gauges not working when I first start the car.   However, after running for 15 or 20 minutes all the gauges start to work except the fuel gauge.    The fuel gauge stopped working at the same time the problem started.

Where should I start looking. :'(

Thanks

Ghoste

The voltage limiter for 1st gen guages is integral with the fuel guage so my first suspect would be there.  Is the dash good and tight to the frame and well grounded?

kink67

Thanks.   The dash should be tight, but I will check that out.

Rich

smokinrt

Quote from: kink67 on February 14, 2007, 09:23:05 AM
My1966 charger is having issues with the gauges not working when I first start the car.   However, after running for 15 or 20 minutes all the gauges start to work except the fuel gauge.    The fuel gauge stopped working at the same time the problem started.

Where should I start looking. :'(

Thanks
Limiter switch is most likely the problem, find them at Chrystler or Year One. Good luck.

Ghoste

You won't find a limiter for a 1st gen at Chrysler or Year One, they are integral with the fuel guage for 66 and 67.  So it wouldn't be a simple plug and play.  If it is the limiter, you have two choices, retrofit an aftermarket (for this you could use the Mopar or YO part) or solid state one to the back of the dash or take the fuel guage apart.  If you take the guage apart, sometimes the limiter can be fixed and sometimes you have to go with the retrofit option.  Try the easy stuff first.