News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tattoos

Started by Charger1973, March 03, 2007, 03:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

Looks good , Kelly.  :2thumbs: Love the script ;)  Thanks, now Shelby wants  me to get her name tattooed on me. :slap:

70charginglizard

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on May 02, 2008, 09:33:52 PM
Looks good , Kelly.  :2thumbs: Love the script ;)  Thanks, now Shelby wants  me to get her name tattooed on me. :slap:

Thanks
Now all I need to do is figure out a good way to dress it up a bit. :ahum:
70charginglizard

mikepmcs

reviving this old one.  Chris G(NJ Chris G)
I just went through this again and I have a very similar Fightin Irish on my left leg.  And surprisingly enough, it's about 17 years old.

Reason I'm firing this back up is..1. Any tattoo dabblers/artists on this site?  2. Where do you get your supplies?  I'm doing some research and don't want to pay crazy prices for something I might be able to get locally or from a med supply store(if I don't need some crazy license)
For example, this Green Soap that they use...there has to be an off the shelf equivalent
I've decided I'm going to do my own because it's just about as much money to get the guns and stuff then it is to go and pay for someone else to do it.  I pulled the trigger and bought a 2 machine kit on the 23rd of december(still waiting for it).  I've been researching mostly safety and cleanliness thus far.  Autoclave's, sharp's containers, bio waste receptacles, etc.....  I have the application for a tattoo license from Maine Department of Health and Human Services.  Also took the Bloodborne Pathogens on line course(still have to get the certificate signed by a med tech before I can mail it in)

So, if anyone has any ideas how to get some of this sanitary/sterile equipment other than ebay, please let me know.  I don't plan on joining any tattoo forums anytime soon either, at least not for a while anyway.

Thanks

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

71ChallengeHer

Mike, I'll try to find out were my brother gets his supplies. If I have time I'll stop by the shop tomorrow on my way home from work.

mikepmcs

Thank you Jackie! I really appreciate it.
Hope you had a great holiday season.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

71ChallengeHer

Thank you, Mike. I hope you had a great holiday, too.  :cheers:   Here you go http://technicaltattoosupply.com/ Jason says these are the best and the cheapest.  :2thumbs: And they are in NY and shipping is fast.

mikepmcs

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again and please tell Jason, I appreciate the help.

v/r
Mike

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 05, 2009, 06:30:30 AM
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again and please tell Jason, I appreciate the help.

v/r
Mike
No problem, Mike. glad to help.

mikepmcs

Maine said no to the license, because I'm not a business or I don't work for anyone.  But they have no idea how many people unlicensed have home tattoo party's in this state.  Actually they know it goes on but can't do anything about it.  So, here I am wanting to get a license to be legal and all so I can tattoo myself and they say I can't do it.  It's a whole catch 22 situation. I suggested they update their site on the rules and regs because it is out of date. It appeared I knew more about it than they did and all I did was research for about 2 hours total time.  In their defense, I'm sure they have a  bunch more things to worry about at the Health and Human Services office.  I'm not angry or anything, It's just par for the course though, roadblocks, etc.....
I do however see the point of, they just can't hand out a license to anyone as well, so it's a conundrum for sure and I can argue both sides, only because I know how I am myself(follow rules, cleanliness, etc....).  I guess in the end, I'm glad they at least have some regs on the licensing procedure.  Maine is still very new to the tattoo world.

All in all they were friendly and we talked for about 20 minutes, except for one lady in the background cubicle that looked like she works part time at the DMV in the "car registration line" at noon..... NO NO NO you'll never get a license and I'll do anything in my power to keep you from getting one because I can.  :rofl:
I just ignored her.

They said go ahead and tattoo myself no problem though.  I said thanks, I will, and I'm going to invite a couple people over and ink them as well, cause you guys will never know anyway.  We all chuckled, then they called security.   ;D

Bob

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 03, 2007, 05:06:54 PM
I have a few tats. Just got a  new one 2 weeks ago.

Cool  :D

Andrew

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 11, 2007, 02:49:24 AM
Charger73, this might be an idea for your tat, without the R/T

Been thinking of getting something like this (with the leaves continuing properly instead of just a black bar behind the word)

mikepmcs

I'm diggin this one.  Sailor Jerry style but i'd like it to have an Irish girl on there like what's on the JP Cycles site.  I'm going to start practicing on this one and also this Popeye one as well.  Once I get these 2 down they will go somewhere on me.  I'm thinking the popeye is going on my right calf(if I can bend my leg enough)  and the Sailor one will go somewhere on my forearm.  Issue is I have to tattoo them upside down and that is deceiving perception wise.  I guess I should practice them upside down.

70charginglizard

I like that irishlass. thats pretty cool!

Wish you had a larger more detailed one.
70charginglizard

mikepmcs

Me too! i stole that one off a motorcycle vendor site.  I guess it wouldn't be a problem if I could draw.  How am I doing, a wannabee tattoo artist that can't draw. I've never let the fear of a lack of talent stand in my way of doing anything.  You never know until you try.
I'll keep looking for that one bigger and then try to photoshop the lass and the anchor together somehow.  Didn't get any bites on the photoshop thread when I put pics up there darnit.

I was able to resize it to a little bit bigger.  It wouldn't let you save the larger image so I back-doored it somehow into some productdetail aspx file and low and behold it came out.

mikepmcs

quick update to let everyone know i'm still plugging along on the tattoo gig.   :2thumbs:

I've been practicing on the tattoo skin that came with my set, but the issue was the wiping and cleanup.  Could do the black outlines but it would smear all over the place when I wiped it and never was satisfied enough to put color, sooo...................
I said what the hell and shaved my left calf and started touching up my existing, 17 years old,  Fightin' Irish ink.(the picture appears to be my right leg and that's because I took the picture in a mirror)  I used a 3 round liner and a 5 round shader to fill with and of course it's not done in the picture and I quit for the night after I completed all the green.  I'll take a picture when I'm done with it.  That's the beauty of doing it myself and on myself, I can take as long as I want.    I never really noticed how crappy the original tattoo was until tonight when I spent some time with it. Look at it close and you can see the body lines are not really right, and the fists are too long, etc....Anyway..  You can see the green is darker in my pic from the original(reminder get more colors)and when I did the yellow on the hat and the cuffs I had the needle a little too far out and yowiiiiie(not really) but the blood came to the top more than I expected.  Funny, I don't ever remember leaking like this on any of my tattoos.  I'm pretty sure i've adjusted the needle(s) correctly to go where they need to penetrate the dermis and maintain color.  I guess I just need to know how far is too far.  Not that easy doing it upside down and sideways, phew.

Jackie, would you mind asking Jason if he sets his needle to just peek out of the tip or, if not, what does he use as a rule. Also, can you ask him what are his choice of needles for a simple tattoo such as the one on my leg.  I didn't like the 3 liner because it appeared to be more of a fine detail and I ended up using the 5 instead.  Tell him thanks and I won't bug him too much longer. :D
If you don't have time Jackie, or if he doesn't want to give any inside secrets to his art, I totally understand. :2thumbs:
Anyways, here's a couple pics of my new at home never get paid career that I just decided on.  Hey, some people like to read books for entertainment.  I don't read, what can I say.   :icon_smile_big:

I need to win the lotto quick because with this tattoo thing going, my cars, and cleaning up around the house, I just flat don't have time to work.  :icon_smile_cool::icon_smile_cool:  (double because i'm 2 cool)

chargerkid01

I'll see If I can get my tat pic posted later if not I'll send it to someone and see if they can post. It is a tribal with a ram head in the center!!

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 22, 2009, 10:05:53 PM
quick update to let everyone know i'm still plugging along on the tattoo gig.   :2thumbs:

I've been practicing on the tattoo skin that came with my set, but the issue was the wiping and cleanup.  Could do the black outlines but it would smear all over the place when I wiped it and never was satisfied enough to put color, sooo...................
I said what the hell and shaved my left calf and started touching up my existing, 17 years old,  Fightin' Irish ink.(the picture appears to be my right leg and that's because I took the picture in a mirror)  I used a 3 round liner and a 5 round shader to fill with and of course it's not done in the picture and I quit for the night after I completed all the green.  I'll take a picture when I'm done with it.  That's the beauty of doing it myself and on myself, I can take as long as I want.    I never really noticed how crappy the original tattoo was until tonight when I spent some time with it. Look at it close and you can see the body lines are not really right, and the fists are too long, etc....Anyway..  You can see the green is darker in my pic from the original(reminder get more colors)and when I did the yellow on the hat and the cuffs I had the needle a little too far out and yowiiiiie(not really) but the blood came to the top more than I expected.  Funny, I don't ever remember leaking like this on any of my tattoos.  I'm pretty sure i've adjusted the needle(s) correctly to go where they need to penetrate the dermis and maintain color.  I guess I just need to know how far is too far.  Not that easy doing it upside down and sideways, phew.

Jackie, would you mind asking Jason if he sets his needle to just peek out of the tip or, if not, what does he use as a rule. Also, can you ask him what are his choice of needles for a simple tattoo such as the one on my leg.  I didn't like the 3 liner because it appeared to be more of a fine detail and I ended up using the 5 instead.  Tell him thanks and I won't bug him too much longer. :D
If you don't have time Jackie, or if he doesn't want to give any inside secrets to his art, I totally understand. :2thumbs:
Anyways, here's a couple pics of my new at home never get paid career that I just decided on.  Hey, some people like to read books for entertainment.  I don't read, what can I say.   :icon_smile_big:

I need to win the lotto quick because with this tattoo thing going, my cars, and cleaning up around the house, I just flat don't have time to work.  :icon_smile_cool::icon_smile_cool:  (double because i'm 2 cool)

Mike , The 3 is for finer lines and the 5 is for thicker. :2thumbs: Your leaking because you went to deep. Shelby can explain this better then me. So when she gets home. I'll have her get on here and type away. Your tat doesn't look bad for the 1st one . The one guy down at Jason's shop did one, when he first started. It was suppose to be hearts and stars. And it looked like Fruity Pebbles.  :rofl: :rofl:

mikepmcs

:smilielol:
Thanks.  I'm just following what's already there though, nothing too crazy yet.  Last night I was gonna start on my right leg with either the Irish Lass a few posts up or the Popeye one. Good thing my printer ran out of ink cause I was going for it.
I'm undecided on what to put there.  Irish Lass or Popeye on my right calf?  Whatt you think?? I'll have them both eventually somewhere.  I guess it doesn't matter because I always wear long sleeve shirts and pants anyway. Occasionally shorts in the summer but they are always past my knees.  Childhood scars I guess. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the help

Mike

Charger1973

Man... having the stuff to do it yourself would be cool but I can see how you could get an impulse and do something you might really regret later!

mikepmcs

I bought ink for my printer on the way home from Boston tonight. :D

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 24, 2009, 07:02:20 PM
I bought ink for my printer on the way home from Boston tonight. :D
Oh No

mikepmcs

Well. I decided on "Popeye"  due to me being..well...popeye the sailor.
I practiced on fake skin for about 2 nights and said what the hell and fired it up.  You can learn a lot just watching videos on the internet.  Thanks to Jackie as well for getting me in the right direction. ;D

Here you go.  I've actually been poking at it for a while, and will still go over it one more time to add more color, and fill in where needed.  It's on my right calf and I did it upside down with my left hand so be easy on me. Gonna have to learn to do it right handed as well so I can do my left arm when the time comes. :lol:

I now have 8 machines and all kinds of color, basically everything a parlor has, except I'm probably cleaner....  bibs, sleeves, masks, every antiseptic known to man kind, masking paper, sharps container, hundreds of needles, gloves......told you guys I had OCD ;D .  Next is something on my arm, maybe tonight I'll rough something up.  I still want to do what I said about Navy/anchors/pow/mia/irish chick theme on my arm, just don't know where to start.

My buddy came over and..ahum...he...cough... redid the one on his arm.  Turned out great.

jb666

Damn Mike, that's impressive!!!!!!  :o :cheers: :cheers:

Charger1973

Wow that does look good.  Nice work!

71ChallengeHer

MIke, That looks great.  :2thumbs: I'm glad I could help a little. I still can't believe you tattooed yourself. OMG  :cheers: