News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This wedding paid off!!

Started by moparfreak, September 11, 2005, 10:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparfreak

I've been pretty outa things for about month, just got married in August and moved from MI to WI to finish up school w/ the new wife...

Well, for the wedding I registered at Sears just for kicks, and I ended up getting a full craftsman tool chest stack, a few power tools, drill press, and to top it off, my new stepdad-in-law (not sure how that works) showed up w/ my new Lincoln SP-135 welder last week!!

Now, if I can ever find time to figure out the rest of my 727 rebuild, I can do the bodywork w/ that new welder!!

Adam

SuBLimE 69

Holly crap...I just might leave the ole lady after all !   :icon_smile_shock:   i would really pay off to find a new one !   :devil:
Maybe I can sell her like a car... high miles and wrecked twice.....but he still has nice headlights !

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Chargerguy74

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on September 11, 2005, 11:02:14 PM
Holly crap...I just might leave the ole lady after all !   :icon_smile_shock:   i would really pay off to find a new one !   :devil:
Maybe I can sell her like a car... high miles and wrecked twice.....but he still has nice headlights !

what will you take in trade?
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Lowprofile

The real question is....does your old lady have a sister??? :D :D :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Yup, we registered at Home Depot and wound up with a few nice goodies too. I mean how many toaster ovens, gravy boats and monogrammed hand towels do you really need?

The best thing to do for a wedding is to send invitations to every single person you can think of because they will always send you $20 or so. When else can you turn the price of a wedding invite into $20?

TruckDriver

Maybe Sublime should put her on Ebay :smilielol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

Quote from: moparfreak on September 11, 2005, 10:58:20 PM
I've been pretty outa things for about month, just got married in August and moved from MI to WI to finish up school w/ the new wife...

Well, for the wedding I registered at Sears just for kicks, and I ended up getting a full craftsman tool chest stack, a few power tools, drill press, and to top it off, my new stepdad-in-law (not sure how that works) showed up w/ my new Lincoln SP-135 welder last week!!

Now, if I can ever find time to figure out the rest of my 727 rebuild, I can do the bodywork w/ that new welder!!

Adam

Make sure you spend some time with your wife or she just might get fed up with you and leave and take half of everything, including your Mopar!

moparfreak

sadly it's the other way around...haven't made progress on my '73 in over a month...with school starting up, the outlook doesn't look good, we'll see if I can get the tranny back in before the first snow...

41husk

Just keep her inside she will be there when you get time to get to her.  ( that is the mopar) Huh maybe I got that turned around with my wife ???
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Silver R/T

thats nice stepdad, treat his daughter well and you never know what he'll give you next :)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

What school are you going too? 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparfreak

The nice thing is, he's easily the most mechanically gifted person I've ever known. He's got a fully equipped machine shop at home along w/ any tool I'd ever need, and his dad has it all as well, so I married into a family w/ good resources.

PT, I'm finishing up at UW-Madison...

Adam

chrisII

Adam, you living in madison then? im about 45 min away.

..this is makin me rethink gettin married (ok its still soon only ben dating 4 mos) my gfs dad has more mopars, parts, and tools than anyone ive ever known...not that that really matters to me, she is the coolest woman ive ever known without a question. she supports my stock car racing, would kill me if i sold the charger,  enjoys going out partying with my friends and I,  and is the hottest woman ive ever dated! we will most likely regester at sears when the time comes also lol.  unfortunately she wont pose for "chicks on chargers" but is cool with one of my good friends doing it...I am a lucky man!

SuBLimE 69

Ya well give her 10+ years and two kids and then I wanna see what you think ! 
I'm just kidding, I could never trade mine in... Buwhaha, WTf am I saying...ahahhahaha

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

PocketThunder

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on September 12, 2005, 07:05:48 PM
I'm just kidding, I could never trade mine in... Buwhaha, WTf am I saying...ahahhahaha

:haha: :scratchchin: :nono:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on September 12, 2005, 07:05:48 PM
:lol:

Drop Top

Used wives are like used cars. Your just getting someone else's problems. You can rebuild eather one to like new condition (If you have the money) and the car will be fine. But the wife will still have the same brain.  :)

chrisII

Quote from: Drop Top on September 13, 2005, 08:24:54 AM
. But the wife will still have the same brain.   :)

they come with those?? must be a rare high dollar option, ive never seen one  ;D