News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

metal superbird wing washers

Started by BigBlockSam, March 14, 2007, 11:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

they look nice to me

**Inactive Link Removed**
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Howie

Eric makes some nice parts for the superbirds and daytonas. The price is a bit steep for me.

BigBlockSam

QuoteThe price is a bit steep for me. 

me too
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

62 Max

Only if you don't need them.consider tooling cost alone.

hotrod98

I've come to the conclusion that there are a few parts that I'm just going to have to pony up and pay the price. I still need the fender scoops, headlamp doors and the headlamp pivots. Big bucks. 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Wonder if he makes daytona washers ?

DoubleDlover

Yes Mr. daytona plug.. He already makes the daytona washers. And many many other wing car parts. for a long time. good quality parts. So yes. There are some people out there that  make nice parts.

daytonalo

I have been too hard on you , walking upright was a big step !!!!! Thank's for the tipĀ  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

And here I recall someone saying they would play nice this time around. :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

QuoteThere are some people out there that  make nice parts 

yea Erik makes nice parts but he is expensive . he wants $500 for the stainless pillar mouldings and those are expensive wing washers . it's good to have competition for parts . that'll bring the price down . Rene

DoubleDlover

Mr.Daytona... I may be fat, uggly, dumb, or as you put it, smart enough to stand upright.  But im a person with all the same needs in life and troubles just like other people here. I may not be as high up on the "important to the world" ladder as you. But i would not try to make friends whith the guys here but telling everyone all the things you have posted... But im me and you are you.. I guess thats your stlye. everyone is different. So its ok.

daytonalo

I e-mailed Erik about daytona washers , the corners on his repops are squared off , I thought the orig ones had rounded corners . And also had him e-mail me a pic of a-pillar trim , they didn't shine that well , had buffing marks all over them , for 500 I expected better .

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on March 15, 2007, 09:42:35 PM
I thought the orig ones had rounded corners

Yep, you're exactly right - rounded corners...

daytonalo

BigBlockSam

QuoteAwesome pic !!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the pic Geno, that went rite into my daytona project file . :yesnod:

hemigeno

Those shots are really easy to take when the trunk floor is removed   :D

hotrod98

How are they attached?  I missed class that day.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

they are spot welded to the weatherstrip flange

daytonalo

This pic is for dd, who thinks I'm always knocking other peoples parts !!!! No cupcake , I'm pointing out that for 500 , they differ greatly from orig and should be infomed about difffences .For the record , I never post any advice unless been there and done that , and info is to help everyone achieve their dream machine . I hate to see people throw away hard earned cash on sub-standard parts .  Larry

hotrod98

For the record, I like the wing braces that I build much better.
I agree with you Larry. When you ask top dollar for parts, they had better be top dollar quality. And, I consider $500 for two small pieces of metal to be top dollar. I don't know how much his wing braces sell for, but I sell mine for $80 a set, and they're correct.
I can see paying $50 to $75 each for an incorrect yet functional wing washer, especially since it's mounted in an area that's seldom seen by anyone. There's a little work in making those indentions.
Personally, I would just fab up something from scratch that does the job and concentrate my time and dollars on more visible parts.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

And yet other member , will call it black , when everyone else see's white . what comes around goes around !!!!!!!!! Study the orig one and then the repop , not even close , and for 500 they better speak dirty to me as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smile_big: :pity:

DoubleDlover

daytonalo. yes. Parts that high in price should be correct. So you are right about that.  Luckly the superbird ones he is making look more correct. I guess you just have to look at the the parts all the different people make and pick out the ones you like or can afford. Or what you need to be totaly correct and what is ok not..  100% correct..