News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My roof has some light creases in it, any advice on what to do?

Started by Charger1973, June 23, 2007, 10:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Its hard to get a good shot of it with the flat primer color but my roof has some light creases in it.  Someone has either put stuff on the roof before or stood on it?   :shruggy:  I can tell because the inner braces are bent.  Those arent a problem I can fix that easily but the creases im not sure about.  Can any of you body guys tell me what its gonna take to make it smooth again?  I have the trim to add a vinyl top but I really dont want a vinyl roof...  I also have a spare roof I cut from another 73 so if I NEED to replace it I could but im hoping this isnt something that would require a whole new skin.  Im just not a body guy so im looking for advice and opinions.  I would think this would be easier than dents in a hood or something of that nature where you dont have access to the back side of the panel.   Also, any clue what this is gonna run me?  Id like to have it be one of the first things fixed on the car so the headliner can go in... 

Charger1973

I dont remember taking this picture but just ran across it.  My roof supports...

Charger-Bodie

the first thing i would do is cut the braces out ar either straighten them out and reinstall them or replaces them from another roof. while they are out , work the skin some with a hammer and dolly when its close put the braces back in making sure to glue them back to the roof. then it should be close.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger1973

Thanks.  Im wanting to try and do most of the car myself but thats something I have zero experience in and its in such an obvious place that i'll probably need to let someone else do it.  So definately no on needing a new skin?  Any idea what a job like that runs at a shop?