News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Calisle

Started by XXHEMI, March 07, 2007, 08:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XXHEMI

I received a call today from Ed at Carlisle. He's telling me that Charger 500 are now welcome to attend the show with the wing cars ! So who's bringing there's? Hopefully the R6 car will be done and I will bring both cars(engine goes in this weekend)! Hope to see a lot more.

Ed

Highbanked Hauler

I should have mine there with the stock car nose just to fire up the purests! :flame:    Al
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

4cruzin

Is this the special display??  Wish I had a charger for the display!! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Ghoste

That's good news and I don't have one, but it still irks me alittle that it means at one point they were going to NOT allow them.  Silly people.

hemi68charger

Always, Always, Always,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  The cool shows are so dang far away !!!!

Guess Dana and I will just cruise the streets of Central Texas.................   :icon_smile_approve:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

XXHEMI

Troy

This show gets better and better every year. If you haven't been there it's worth the air fair.

69_500

I'm still planning on driving my 500 over to that show. However its far from good enough looking to be in any kind of special display. Its just a driver.

Ghoste

It's a little more than that.

69_500

Not to me it isn't. Its just a driver, and I drive it. :) Drive it to every show I go to.

Ghoste

Of which you know I completely and in all ways support.  I just hate to see you disparage the car in any way because to anyone who hasn't seen it, they might think it's worse than it is.  My car is a driver, but your car?  It may not have a one week old Roger Gibson all NOS parts restoration on it but it is a very outstanding example of the breed.

69_500

Ah no sucking up needed. Its like a 40 out of a 100 if you ask me. With 100 being a great example. Mine is a running example, and looks half way decent. But far from great. Which is kind of good considering that I drive it so much in the summer.

Ghoste

No sucking up.  I'd rate your car a lot higher than that though.  More like 70 or 80.  I know how it is though, no one criticizes their car worse than the owner.  I have a couple of friends who get really upset with the way I run my car down (but it needs a LOT of updating).

69_500

I haven't seen any other 500's at shows that I'd knock. I know that Highbanks car is very interesting ot me. I know he says that he gets some people who knock him for the front clip, but I like it. Then again I don't recall too many 500's at shows over the past 10-15 years though.

Ghoste I'm sure you enjoyed the Nats a few years back when they had the tribute to the Charger then didn't you? Since you love the 500's. I recall seeing 14 different 500's at that show.

Ghoste

14!!??  I saw about half of them then.  Which year were you parked beside Gene and his truck?  That's the year I took pics of your car.

hemigeno

I was there in '05 - was that the year they did the Charger tribute?

nascarxx29

I was there in 90.s when Carlisle debuted wingcar exhibit 500s daytona &superbirds
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Ghoste

I think it was because I kind of recall wondering why they didn't wait one year to do the Charger so it would be 40 years.

69_500

Gene it was the year before I parked next to your truck and car. The year that Gene's car was there, I can only recall 5 Charger 500's. Mine, Jerry's which was parked next to mine. Then 3 at Denny Guest's trailer. 1 X9 HEMI AT on the column, 1 T5 bronze 440 4 speed, and 1 R4 red 440 4 speed car with a crate HEMI in it.

The year before that, those cars as well as Ed's HEMI 500 (bronze), an A4 HEMI 500, a Y2 Yellow HEMI 500, the first HEMI 500, 2 White HEMI 500's, and then there was another bronze 500, and a green 500 at the show as well, both 440 cars.

Ghoste

You're right.  06 was the year of the Cuda, 05 was the Road Runner and 04 was Charger.

69_500

The year of the tribute, when all the other 500's were there, I was parked next to Jim (3daytona) and his green Daytona.

Ghoste

Okay, found the pics.  It was 2005.  I likely have other pics of your car but that was the year that I knew whose car it was.
The bottom line is, your 500 is damned fine car and I know that for a fact because I've seen it in person and you can be self deprecating all you like but it's a damned fine car! :icon_smile:

hemigeno

Quote from: Ghoste on March 13, 2007, 05:43:09 PM
it's a damned fine car! :icon_smile:

:iagree:

It really looks good with all the wheel center caps on!   ;)

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 69_500 on March 09, 2007, 05:56:31 PM
Not to me it isn't. Its just a driver, and I drive it. :) Drive it to every show I go to.
I did the same thing, I put 18,000 miles on mine  since I put it back together. Its only been the last 3 shows that it has been to that it has been in the trailer  AND you are way to critical of yours, as Ghoste said its a damned fine car!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Hey Gene, did anyone even notice my car with your truck and HEMI car, and Jerry's HEMI 500 right there on that corner?
Its a decent car, I'll give ya that. The photo's don't show the buff marks that took the paint completely, where its not bare metal. Oh and Gene also mentioned my car has a tendancy to lose center caps on my wheels. Lost one on the way to the Monster Mopar, Gene gave me one to replace it, and it came off on the way home. Time for a new set of rims I think.

Ghoste

That's a typical symptom of Magnum 500's, not your Charger 500.  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Man, you are like my wife. I  try to downplay the car so I can talk her into letting me spend money on it, and fix it, and she shoots it down. I tell her the rims need to go, so I can pick up some new ones. she says, they are fine. I say, it needs to be painted, she says it still looks good. I say we need to redo the upholstery, she says vinyl is vinyl, and it isn't holy. GRRRRRR.

Ghoste

Maybe, but we're going to draw the wife similarity line at the car, okay?

hemigeno

:hah:
Quote from: Ghoste on March 14, 2007, 08:25:46 PM
Maybe, but we're going to draw the wife similarity line at the car, okay?

hemigeno

Oh, and Danny, your 500 was most definitely noticed.  I don't know how many people thought my car (while sitting on the truck) was a C500, which was a direct result of sitting next to your car.  That happened not only at the 'Nats, but when you parked next to me at the MonsterMopar show as well.

Should we all play along and try to help Danny with some upgrades?              Nah, I'd rather not diss your car - doesn't deserve it.

69_500

Upgrades? Those I need.

First of all it needs a later VIN and a build date, and a SON to start with a 926 instead of 925. After that I can take it. :)

Jerry's car is definately a looker. Its a gorgeous car, if you ask me. I was telling you this past weekend that I think its one of the nicest 500's I'ver ever seen. Personally though I don't care for bronze cars, but then again I've seen several bronze 500's that I like.

Ghoste

Quote from: 69_500 on March 15, 2007, 04:20:29 PM
Personally though I don't care for bronze cars, but then again I've seen several bronze 500's that I like.

My 67 is crying.  :'(

Just between us though, it took a few years for the color to grow on me too.

69_500

Hey get this, now that I've totally taken this thread off topic.

My 3 year old son told me 2 weekends ago that he wanted me to sell the Charger 500 to buy a Bronze 500. I took him to see another 500 locally, and he said it was much better looking than our 500.

XXHEMI

Quote from: 69_500 on March 16, 2007, 03:18:55 PM
Hey get this, now that I've totally taken this thread off topic.

My 3 year old son told me 2 weekends ago that he wanted me to sell the Charger 500 to buy a Bronze 500. I took him to see another 500 locally, and he said it was much better looking than our 500.

What's wrong with bronze? :yesnod:

69_500

Nothing really, just not my cup of tea. Then again I will say this Ed, your 500 is very nice looking. Then again so is Troys' bronze 500. I like a few of them, but not all of them.

Oh who am I kidding, I haven't seen a 500 yet that I didn't like.