News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Google Earth - aerial photos of the whole world!

Started by 69_se_ron, July 23, 2005, 04:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparYoungGun

tomonty

Quote from: Drache on July 24, 2005, 05:53:24 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on July 24, 2005, 04:08:36 PM
I gave up on the download.  With my sizzling 24.0 Kpbs dial-up speed it never would have worked well anyway.  I'm going to have to go with a satillite system.  Living out in the boonies has it's disadvantages.

I've got the same problem! I live about 2 hours from the closest town... I feel lucky to have a bloody telephone!

When I downloaded it, it was about 10.5 MB. Which means with 24Kbps, in theory it would take you about 61 minutes to download it. That is if you maintain that speed througout the download which won't always happen.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

FastbackJon

You can find lots of cool stuff here, I even found a few and have my name on some of them.

http://perljam.net/google-satellite-maps/
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Chargerguy74

That's insane, now imagine what type of technology the government has
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Troy

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on July 28, 2005, 08:27:39 PM
That's insane, now imagine what type of technology the government has

Who do you think put the satellites there? :P You can find places where they've lowered the resolution and or blocked completely. I'd be willing to bet the government has more recent data as well. It's not all used for secret projects either. There are a lot of scientific uses for being able to compare snapshots in time of different areas. Neat stuff either way.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dart3404

I found my house.   :)

FastbackJon

If you look at the white house, the rooftops have been erased, and the capitol building is blurred, and I think some other areas around D.C. too.

My house is blurred, but that's just because I live in a low resolution area.   ;)
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV