News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 Speed Rocker on a 3 Speed Switch

Started by darrin75, March 12, 2007, 07:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrin75

1969 Charger

What is the best way to change out the rocker or chrome switch on a 3 speed wiper switch.  The chrome on the 2 speed is in near perfect condition, but I have a 3 speed wiper motor and now have a 3 speed switch but want to change the rocker/button to the better one.  Whats the best way to get the pin out etc..  Anyone do this.
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

Chatt69chgr

You can drive it out with a small diameter pin punch.  I think I got mine in a kit from Harbor Freight (my favorite tool store).  I will caution you that the rocker may break.  They are fragile and oftentimes will break when you try to drive the pin out.  But if yours is no good, what have you got to lose.  This subject has come up before.  CV Vacuum Platers redoes these switches but they won't sell the rocker separately.  I don't know of anyone else that has these rockers.  Seems like a good think for our fiend Peter with PG Classics to reproduce.  He is repoping about everything else-------------except the 69 red circle dog dishes.  They can make a crummy hubcap for a 30's something that nobody much cares about all day long but they won't make the red circle dog dishes.  Meanwhile, nice ones on ebay go for several hundred a pop.  Do you hear me Peter.