News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shifter Parts - Bushings, Clips & Washers

Started by Shakey, March 20, 2007, 10:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Does anyone here know where I can find some of the small items (hardware such as bushings, clips, washers etc.) to complete my shifter assmebly restoration?

I know for sure I need the two small white bushings that go in the bottom of the shifter handle, so I figured while I was at it, I might as well replace the others, even if they don't show as much wear as the first two I mentioned.

Included are a few pics of my old shifter handle and an exploded view from the parts book.

The most important two that I am looking for are "Bushing 21-30-38", and if I am reading my parts book correctly, part # 2643 910.

Any help, advice or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Mike,

I just talked to Mike at B/E & A Restoration Parts and he thinks he might be able to help you out.  He says he will have to look but thinks he might have what you need.

He actually went on line and viewed this post as we were talking to make sure he was sure of what I was talking about. :thumbs:

He said give him a call at 1-330-725-3990.

Also a member here but doesn't frequent much. :thumbs:

Good luck, hope it helps.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 20, 2007, 01:23:57 PM
Mike,

I just talked to Mike at B/E & A Restoration Parts and he thinks he might be able to help you out.  He says he will have to look but thinks he might have what you need.

He actually went on line and viewed this post as we were talking to make sure he was sure of what I was talking about. :thumbs:

He said give him a call at 1-330-725-3990.

Also a member here but doesn't frequent much. :thumbs:

Good luck, hope it helps.

v/r
Mike

I actually spoke with Mike a few hours ago and I am waiting for him to call me back.

What I'd like to buy from him:

1969 Dodge Charger Automatic w/ Floor Shift

Shifter Lever
Woodgrain Shifter Knob
Shifter Boot

If he has the bushings, then I'll buy those as well.  My shifter mounting brackets and linkages are all OK.  I just need the above mentioned parts and any bushings and clips that go with them.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

gtx6970

P+G is the manufacturer, BEA is a retailer and the US distibuter to dealers.

Also,,,, unless  I'm getting my info wrong all the BEA distibuted parts are good., where as Eparts for Cars parts COULD be seconds.meaning flawed in someway. I'f I'm wrong, I'll eat crow.

I'll have to ck on the shifter bushing in the morning, It looks like the same bushing as the brake pedal pivot bushings, but I see they are different parts numbers so there obviously are not the same.

Shakey

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on March 20, 2007, 03:11:41 PM
They have it with the woodgrain ball as well.....  I thought P & G was the actual supplier & BE/A was the importer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-Mopar-Roadrunner-Charger-Auto-Console-Shifter-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34208QQitemZ120099996067

PG Classic (http://www.pgclassic.com/)  is a company based in New Brunswick, Canada.  Peter Gee who is originally from China and has been in Canada for twenty + years, went back to his hometown and opened a factory to reproduce these items a few years ago.  BE/A Restoration Parts, Inc. (http://www.beaparts.com/) is their distributor in the United States.

I will be placing my order on Wednesday and the parts will ship on Friday.  Hopefully I'll have them by the end of next week so I can continue moving forward.

So, does anyone know where I can find those bushings or am I going to have to make my own?   :scratchchin:

gtx6970

BEA is having an open house this weekend. I'm gonna ride up and ck it out first hand.Try and talk to Mike face to face, Where it goes from there , we'll see.

if anyone needs info or has questions,  let me know before hand

Shakey

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 20, 2007, 07:56:50 PM
P+G is the manufacturer, BEA is a retailer and the US distibuter to dealers.

Also,,,, unless  I'm getting my info wrong all the BEA distibuted parts are good., where as Eparts for Cars parts COULD be seconds.meaning flawed in someway. I'f I'm wrong, I'll eat crow.

I'll have to ck on the shifter bushing in the morning, It looks like the same bushing as the brake pedal pivot bushings, but I see they are different parts numbers so there obviously are not the same.

Thanks in advance and I'll let you know in a week to ten days if you need to eat crow!   :D

mikepmcs

Mike,

I specifically called Mike about those bushings because you specified those numbers.  He said he bought them all from someone and also said they are available from Chrysler to this day.

He said something about being the same bushings on the brake pedal housing too, i'm lost a little here but think that is what he said. 

He also said that they are a little shorter but the bushing to metal is all that counts(if that makes sense).  I told him you are looking for concourse(i just guessed reading all your other threads)
I told him you like to do the work yourself too.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Just 6T9 CHGR

If the bushings are the same as the pedal pivot, I just got some from Fredrick Dodge on eBay......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I'm pretty sure that some of the bushings are NOT still available from Chrysler because I had to get a couple made up for my car.  I will need to look to see which ones because I don't remember for sure now.

gtx6970

part # 2643 910  is NS1 thru chrysler, NOW what the difference is between these and the brake pedal pivot bushings I would be interested to know. I have the pedal pivot bushings in stock. and they are a different #

Mike if you have a dial caliper we can compare dimensions between what you have and what I have if you want .

Shakey

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 21, 2007, 09:18:23 AM
part # 2643 910  is NS1 thru chrysler, NOW what the difference is between these and the brake pedal pivot bushings I would be interested to know. I have the pedal pivot bushings in stock. and they are a different #

Mike if you have a dial caliper we can compare dimensions between what you have and what I have if you want .

NS1 - not serviced ....?

I'll try and remind myself this weekend to take a close look at what I've got.  I'll probably buy some from you anyways.

What about the shroud brackets?

Thanks again.

resq302

QuoteNS1 - not serviced ....?

Mike,

NS1 is Chryslers equivolent to SOL.  "S@*T out of luck".
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Shakey

Quote from: resq302 on March 23, 2007, 10:30:43 AM

Mike,

I realized that, I am curious as to what it stands for/means.

gtx6970

Quote from: Shakey on March 23, 2007, 10:54:20 AM

Mike,

NS1
NS2
NS3

= not serviced =
gone ,
bye bye
no more no more no more  hit the road jack
if we ain't got it U don't need it
:nana:

ps, brackets are ordered , due in about a week., Ok Vern ? been a little lazy on stock orders, IE your the only one who's asked for one

Shakey

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 23, 2007, 09:58:53 PM
Quote from: Shakey on March 23, 2007, 10:54:20 AM

Mike,

NS1
NS2
NS3

= not serviced =
gone ,
bye bye
no more no more no more  hit the road jack
if we ain't got it U don't need it
:nana:

ps, brackets are ordered , due in about a week., Ok Vern ? been a little lazy on stock orders, IE your the only one who's asked for one

What is the difference between the 1,2 and 3?

Shakey

Here are some measurements of the shifter bushings I am in need of.

They are different than the ones on the bellcrank.

Shakey

A couple of shots of the two similar bushings together, the smaller ones being for the shifter.

Shakey

Can you get me one of these Mr. Allphin?

Shakey

How about one of these?

Shakey

Or one of these?

Shakey

Here is all of them although I am not sure about the brass bushing I included in the photo.

Shakey

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 25, 2007, 09:54:47 PM
best i can do

I'll take a pair of those!

Check your e-mail for the other items I'd like to purchase.

Thanks.

rare69

shakey, pm me your mailing address and i will send you a brand new pair of the shifter bushings you looking for. i just happen to have a set.

autodynamics

im in need of these bushings as well...were do we purchase from?

Brock Lee

I know most of you are into OEM, but on my lever pivots I modified a set of copper bushings by hand. It took maybe 20 minutes with a dremel took and a cutoff wheel. It feels like new.