News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody try fiberglass fenders and hood for 2nd gen Charger?

Started by timinator, September 08, 2005, 01:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timinator

I'm starting the body work on my '69 Charger. The fenders and hood are pretty bad and will require a lot of time and labor. Has anyone tried those fiberglass fenders I've seen at Auto Body Specialties? I plan on this being a street car so was wondering if these were a adequate replacement or if they were designed for racing only.

MyMopar

I have a fiberglass hood with a 6-pack scoop on it.  I'm not too impressed and put the steel hood back on.  The fiberglass has a tendency to bow and warp a bit.  IF you just want a driver and don't mind huge gaps for body lines, you'll be happy. 
Also the hoods, tricky to keep them closed unless you are using hood pins.  Otherwise the latch area is not strong enough to handle day to day stress of driving down the road with the wind trying to rip it off.

Perhaps my vendor doesn't make them as good as Auto Body Specialities, I think it was MAS or something like that where i got mine from.  So take that into consideration.  As far as fenders, I'm sure others will say strip only, which I would agree.  A lot of work to get those fenders straight and looking nice on a street car, but then again I am only going from my hood experience.