News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who does your powdercoating?

Started by alfanta, September 28, 2007, 01:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfanta

Who does your powder coating for your projects? do you do it yourself? or is there a reputable person around where you live? Or do you ship it to the other side of the country?

I have some parts that I need powder coated, and I have been looking at a few places.
Has anyone used any of them?

This one was reccomended to me by my work (D&D Classic www.ddclassic.com) where we restore cars.
http://www.afipowder.com/

This one I was told about by someone in one of my design classes at UC. The part he got back looked amazing, but it cost him a pretty penny.
www.powdercoatingit.com

Let me know if anyone has heard of these or if you know someone else that is good.

Silver R/T

there's local place that does powdercoating, another place does ceramic coating, and pretty much any other industrial coating you need. I can powder coat in my garage, just need an oven. Already have compressor & powdercoater
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

alfanta

There are people EVERYWHERE that do it, I just dont wanna dish out money and end up with it cracking off after a year. I am sending 2 emblems that I cast in aluminum, one to each of the links that i had above, both are goign to be done in black mirror finish. I will see what one looks the best, and since i cant age the products t osee how they hold up, I will just have to go with my gut unless someone has had experience with either. although the Aesthetic Finishers is probably who I will go with. We use them at work, like I said and I havent heard any problems, Im just curious what other people's opinions are.

Joshua

I have a reputable shop close to me with great prices do my stuff....but a friend was going to get his own stuff to do powdercoating.....

73ChargerSE

My uncle owns a powder coating shop here in Tucson.  My stuff is free  :D