News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Full OEM style steel quarters for 68-70.

Started by 69RTSEV88, March 22, 2007, 11:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69RTSEV88

Just got my May '07 issue of Mopar Collectors Guide and there it is on page 33 from Hardcore Racing Inc.  Full steel, made in the USA, officially licensed by Mopar, factory style including full C pillar quarters for 68-70 Chargers.  I checked their web site out www.weracehardcore.com and they wont have prices until April (I would expect them to be a little pricey), but finally we are getting somewhere!!  Of course it does little good for me as I have just spent the past few months patching my cars quarter with the panels that were available up until now:(  Anyway, they look like they are going to be pretty nice.  Maybe fenders, doors, and tailight panels will be coming soon too!

daytonalo

I called , 2500 each!!!!!!!!!!! For me , being a poor bastard , I will have to stick with skins !!!!!!!!!!!! For the record , those guys are clueless . It took 4 phone calls to get a person who could walk upright and answer my questions !!!!!!!

Shakey

You can read what people have said about this subject in this thread.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25254.0.html

You wouldn't happen to be associated with the manufacturer would you?   :scratchchin:

If you are and you're looking for opinions on this product, here's mine.  At this point I am not in need of any quarter panels for my car however if I was, and I was doing a quality restoration of a '69 Charger, I'd consider buying them.  I realize they are expensive but I'd think they'd be worth it.  Now, if I were doing a rattle can resto, just to get a car up and running, I'd have to think twice.

Either way, welcome to the site!   :cheers:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

tan top

hello & welcome ........ :wave:....................... :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69RTSEV88

Thanks to those that welcomed me, I have been reading posts on here for a while, gaining alot of knowledge as I am in the process of a semi-restoration on my '69 RT/SE.  No, I am not associated with this company at all, and as a matter of fact I am a little ticked off at them for their publicity stunt last summer in which they felt it necessary to jump and destroy (of course) a 69 General Lee during their open house just for laughs.  I think the video is still on their web site.
I am though very happy that they have stepped up to the plate to reproduce what has to be one of the most intricate automotive quarter panels ever made.  I dont think that 2-2.5K ea is that unreasonable when you consider that they had to have invested over a million in the project including tool and dye costs.  And they are made in the US which as we all know is getting more rare for anything these days!
A seller had left and right NOS '69 quarters on EBAY last fall, saying that they were most likely the last ones left in existance (probably pretty accurate), and the starting bid on the pair was $15,000!  Yes that's 15 thousand.  I paid less than that for my whole car, and it is a real XS VIN RT/SE driver condition car that I bought about a year ago.  I'm just happy that its the Chargers turn to get some much needed steel body parts and not the Challenger or 'Cuda.  As I stated in my original post, I won't be buying these parts, as I have allready spent the time and effort to repair my cars quarters with the panels that are currently available (most of the work was around the rear window as usual), but I would jump all over a steel reproduction '69-'70 tailight panel as mine needs some repair work, and I'm not looking forward to that! 

mikepmcs

Ok, we are going to have to see pictures of your car now.  We like the pictures. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Quote from: 69RTSEV88 on March 23, 2007, 10:41:32 AM
And they are made in the US which as we all know is getting more rare for anything these days!

Why does it matter where they are made?  Maybe the reason the price is so high is because they are made in USA?   :shruggy:

I guess it don't really matter as neither one of us need these quarter panels.

So, now that that is out of the way, post some pics of your car and tell us about your project!   :yesnod:

daytonalo

Very rarely does  after market sheetmetal ever , ever fit correctly . I would bet there will be issues !!!!!!!!!

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Back N Black

If you replace the driver side quarter,will you be losing the vin number on the trunk lip?

69RTSEV88

Back N Black, 
No, the trunk jamb which is where the VIN is stamped into is a seperate piece that the quarter panel welds to.  To the best of my knowledge, nobody reproduces the trunk jambs yet.

bricklayer

where is this vin# exactly in the trunk area thanks  tom

694spdRT

Somewhere in this general area or possibly anywhere along the lip there should be a stamped portion of the Vin# on 1969 and 1970 cars or a Sequence # off the fender tag for 1968. It is under the weatherstripping so you have to pull that back.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

hemi-hampton

I thought the price was tio high when I heard $2,000? Now it's $2,500? :o ??? :icon_smile_angry: :rotz: :flame: When you think of the older reproduction sheet metal you can bet they will fit like Crap But I know from Experiance some of the newer Sheetmetal being made (key word being SOME not ALL) does indeed fit much better then the Garbage repopped only a few short years ago. I'm guessing these will fit good with little problems & it should considering the price which is rediculous, insane. NOS only gets big money because of Supply & Demand, Lots of demand & no Supply. Now that Reops are Available there is a non stop infinitive supply which should bring that price way way down. And they did not cost anywhere near a million to tool but I'd guess less then $100,000. LEON.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

daytonalo

If your qtrs are that rusty , the Vin # is the least of your problems , besides go buy a stamp set at harbor freight for 20 bucks !

dkn1997

Quote from: daytonalo on March 24, 2007, 06:50:09 PM
If your qtrs are that rusty , the Vin # is the least of your problems , besides go buy a stamp set at harbor freight for 20 bucks !

Replace that 2nd letter with another X while your are at it. ;D.  That's probably the only way I would get the money to spend 2500 on a quarter.

The only cars that those quarters make sense for is the high dollar numbers, aero, etc... type cars. 

For most of us, with chargers that started out their existance with small blocks and are drivers, our cars are usually worth about 20K if they are pretty good.  So I am gonna spend 1/4 the value of the car on just the quarters?

If you had any car but a mopar, 5 grand would probably buy every single piece of sheetmetal you would need for the whole car.

Here is something that will make you want to puke:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962-1963-1964-1965-Chevy-II-Nova-Full-Quarter-Panel-LH_W0QQitemZ260078257808QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-1972-Ventrua-Quarter-Panel-Full-Type-RH-Side-New_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33644QQitemZ260086734173QQtcZphoto
RECHRGED

Back N Black

Quote from: daytonalo on March 24, 2007, 06:50:09 PM

Hey, i have seen people haul pieces of crap out of the bog and rebuild it because its a R/T.Personally i don't care about numbers.

Mike DC

Look, we didn't get these panels from anybody cheaper because THE CHEAPER PRODUCERS HAVE ALL BEEN CONSISTENTLY SAYING IT ISN''T COST-EFFECTIVE TO DO THE CHARGER PANELS! 

Even Goodmark assumes it would take many years to make their money back while pricing the E-body panels at $1500/set, and they've still being using cheaper steel than the original stuff.  And they're still years away from a new Charger quarter anyway, last I heard.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what have we lost here?

--  If you're not willing to pay $5000/set, then your situation hasn't changed one bit.  Go buy the crappy Goodmark quarter skins, just like you would if Hardcore Racing didn't exist.

--  If you ARE willing to pay the $5000, then you have an option now.

--  If Hardcore Racing can't sell enough panels at $5000/set to come out in the black ink, then they'll probably lower the price eventually.  Probably better to sell the panels at a loss rather than scrap the tooling they've already spent so much money on.

daytonalo

Having installed several sets of skins , I don't think they are that bad , sure they need a little tweaking , but thats life !!!!!!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on March 26, 2007, 09:54:07 AM
Having installed several sets of skins , I don't think they are that bad , sure they need a little tweaking , but thats life !!!!!!!

i agree and thats why the full ones are gonna have to be real nice and they cant be priced so high that it cant be justified to use them
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

rob9593

Quote from: 69RTSEV88 on March 23, 2007, 10:41:32 AM
A seller had left and right NOS '69 quarters on EBAY last fall, saying that they were most likely the last ones left in existance (probably pretty accurate), and the starting bid on the pair was $15,000!  Yes that's 15 thousand. 

I saw that action....it was a pair of quarters and he never sold them....ended the auction early because he was getting a lot of people telling him he was nuts......

I personally think $2500 is too high for them to sell these in any volume.......if you add up the costs to fit the current panel, repair the rear window channel tunnel AND get the lead out of the sail panel, you'll still come out ahead over this panel IMHO. Now, if it were $1500-$1800, I think you'd see a lot more people biting......perhaps they'd make more money that way?...no idea......at the current price, I doubt you'll see many guys using them on a 318 Charger, or for that matter anything less than a rare R/T

scottmiller

I just got a call from Hardcore this morning because I had inquired about the panels a month ago.

The "promotional" deal is $2298 and shipping is included.  In a month, they will be $2498.

It is too late now... but if it were a month earlier I would have done one on the passenger side because my car had a botched factory replacement done back in the 70's.  I went with the skins, but the additional repair on the topside/sail panel area with fabrication will probably bring the total costs into aligment with buying one of these full quarter panels.  The restoration shop I am using laid that out for me when I gave them the car.  They basically said with the fabrication labor involved, I would be better off spending a few hundred bucks extra bucks on a full quarter if they are available.  What they are doing now will work, but nothing beats a full, continuous piece of metal with no fabbed in patchwork.

It definately would not make sense for someone doing their own body work.  In my case it is the labor $$ that beats up the pocket book and would have if they were available.

Scott

rob9593

Quote from: scottmiller on March 27, 2007, 10:32:33 AM
I just got a call from Hardcore this morning because I had inquired about the panels a month ago.

The "promotional" deal is $2298 and shipping is included.  In a month, they will be $2498.

It is too late now... but if it were a month earlier I would have done one on the passenger side because my car had a botched factory replacement done back in the 70's.  I went with the skins, but the additional repair on the topside/sail panel area with fabrication will probably bring the total costs into aligment with buying one of these full quarter panels.  The restoration shop I am using laid that out for me when I gave them the car.  They basically said with the fabrication labor involved, I would be better off spending a few hundred bucks extra bucks on a full quarter if they are available.  What they are doing now will work, but nothing beats a full, continuous piece of metal with no fabbed in patchwork.

It definately would not make sense for someone doing their own body work.  In my case it is the labor $$ that beats up the pocket book and would have if they were available.

Scott

that was the point of my post, but the information I got is different.....paying $150 or whatever the skin is, and paing to weld and align it, fix the window channel in the back (almost always rusted), and removing the lead in the sail panel comes out cheaper than this panel and the laour to weld it in...

rob9593

anyone ordering these, they phoned me yesterday and offered me the introduction price.....I think they are probing to see if there's demand at their price....

AutoRust

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 23, 2007, 07:25:13 PM
I thought the price was tio high when I heard $2,000? Now it's $2,500? :o ??? :icon_smile_angry: :rotz: :flame: When you think of the older reproduction sheet metal you can bet they will fit like Crap But I know from Experiance some of the newer Sheetmetal being made (key word being SOME not ALL) does indeed fit much better then the Garbage repopped only a few short years ago. I'm guessing these will fit good with little problems & it should considering the price which is rediculous, insane. NOS only gets big money because of Supply & Demand, Lots of demand & no Supply. Now that Reops are Available there is a non stop infinitive supply which should bring that price way way down. And they did not cost anywhere near a million to tool but I'd guess less then $100,000. LEON.

Leon, we have done some price inquiries on tooling to stamp a frame rail, ( e-body fronts) and we are getting estimates in the $100-150,000 range, per side, as its multiple strikes in the tooling. 
I wouldn't know for sure, but looking at quarters, I am sure the tooling cost for a die set that intricate, and that large could easily be in the $4-500,000 range.There is a TON of development work involved, even with computer design, you still need to do a lot of corrections, plus hope your R&D sample is accurate. And you need one for each side.
   If Goodmark can do it on The Challenger for $600, why are they $2500? I understand to be successful in business you have to make money, but wow, that is big $$
I met the guys from Hardcore at the Mopar Nats and I must say, it did not seem like anyone there was capable or able to even conceive the idea, never mind pull it off, but hey, who knows.
Dave
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

AdamMopar

I'm hoping fenders show up soon, hoods as well.

Adam

daytonalo

Auto rust , I agree ! They couldn't even tell me what gauge metal they are . If they fit , and that is a BIG IF , they need to be around 1500 to sell . On the phone he kept saying well, these cars are worth six figs , I said only a few are , they rest are around 40 or so for a nice 383 or whatever . Point is that a guy with a 30 k car is not going to spend 2500 a side , not gonna happen . Larry

Ghoste

It wouldn't affect my decision one way or the other about buying them, but does anyone on here know these guys personally?  I only wonder because it seems like they are so clueless about Mopars (I seem to recall something about them being a Chevy engine shop or something back when they destroyed that 69 RT for laughs?).  And yet, they want to repop Charger 1/4's and somebody had to put the dinero for the tooling and then they appear to nothing about the product except the price and less about the market demographic.
As I said, none of that matters really.  If you need them and are satisfied with price and quality then that is good enough.  I'm just curious.

AutoRust

Quote from: Ghoste on March 30, 2007, 08:40:13 AM
It wouldn't affect my decision one way or the other about buying them, but does anyone on here know these guys personally?  I only wonder because it seems like they are so clueless about Mopars (I seem to recall something about them being a Chevy engine shop or something back when they destroyed that 69 RT for laughs?).  And yet, they want to repop Charger 1/4's and somebody had to put the dinero for the tooling and then they appear to nothing about the product except the price and less about the market demographic.
As I said, none of that matters really.  If you need them and are satisfied with price and quality then that is good enough.  I'm just curious.

I meet a bunch of the guys from Hardcore at the Mopar Nats in 2005. They pulled into a Manufacturers Midway spot on Friday afternoon! And they had a 48' two car enclosed trailer. There must have been 4-5 guys in the duallie. No one seemed to know much about the event, or anything else. They had a difficult time even getting the trailer in, after all, if you have been to the Nats, you recall the people and such walking around. So here comes this big trailer, and they just about cleaned out one guys set-up, pissed off countless people getting in there,it was almost comical if it wasn't so disruptive, then they open up the door and pull out a Black Viper that looked good, but sounded like it was a 5 or 7 cylinder.  They also had a sweet looking 69 Black charger with a 440 and a big supercharger on it. It did not run! So, I started asking them, whats up here?
The guy that couldn't drive the truck seemed like the boss (?). He said they had just beat the snot out of the Viper, but the customer wouldnt mind, he can have them fix it again. The car sounded awful. They said the electrical guy hadn't made it to there shop, and didn't get the wiring done for the Charger, so they couldn't start it, it was a pusher. So I looked it over, and was not impressed at all. Poor quality everywhere around it, as I looked at the car and the guys, I realized, kids. The work looked like kids work, the blown up Viper is what kids do. As I asked more, they mentioned they was from Detroit area, and was affiliated with Roush, and the owner of Hardcore had deep pockets, but wasn't a car guy, so he hires people to do this stuff.

My whole point here is they just did not seem like real players in the hobby. For everyone that goes to the big events, I am sure you know what I mean, In Racing we call them pretenders, not contenders. Thats why in my previous post I was amazed that it was Hardcore that had quarters.

Hey, maybe I am way off base, but in my life I have  learned,
You only have one chance to make a first impression.

:brickwall:

Arigmaster

Speaking from past experience on the skins vs full quarters. I think I would have bought the full quarters had they been available when I was at that stage.

I worked with Charger Specialties and Goodmark in order to obtain a good set of skins. The first two sets arrived damaged in shipping and were very thin gauge metal. (down right flimsy) I spoke with Goodmark and requested a heavier gauge steel so they wouldn't be so flimsy and that they might survive shipping on the 3rd try. The trade off was with the stamping. The body lines were not as crisp as the others and I had to work them a bit more before I started mounting them. Anyone who has put the skins on will tell you that they are a pain to get lined up all the way around and you better have some skills as a welder other wise you might end up warping them up.

I think with the time I spent on each side putting on skins and working the butt welds and tweaking the sheet metal. I could have spent 1/4 of the time and trouble by just going with a full quarter replacement if they were available at the time.

I haven't seen one of the full quarters in person so I cant say if they were done right or if they match a NOS part but if they did... The extra money you spend for the full replacement would probably be a wash with what you would spend to have a body shop put skins on for you. Or, if you do it your self, the time savings may be worth it.

On the same note in regards to the price... I am sure the tooling cost alone was far greater to produce a full quarter as opposed to a skin.  Just my two cents...

AutoRust

Putting full OEM type quarters on is a huge difference then doing skins, we have done skins, as well as full OEM types. I dont think the skins are  that bad, every panel I have ever bought, skin or OEM, needs some tweaking. If you have the typical rusted lower sections, wheel arches, and rocker area, you can put a skin on with out major work. Flange the edges where it meets the remainder of the quarter, drill some holes, plug weld it together, skin it with plastic filler and your done. If you have major issues in the outer sail panel, trunk lip, top of your quarter, inside door jamb, etc, etc.then do a full OEM type, But watch your wallet, if your having it done, it can get pricey.
And still, $2500 is way out of line I think, its just taking a shot, hoping enough people will pay it.
Like I say, If Goodmark ( who certainly know the business) can do Challenger ones for $600, why are they trying to get so much for Charger ones?

Dave

rob9593

Quote from: AutoRust on March 31, 2007, 09:57:29 AM
Putting full OEM type quarters on is a huge difference then doing skins, we have done skins, as well as full OEM types. I dont think the skins are  that bad, every panel I have ever bought, skin or OEM, needs some tweaking. If you have the typical rusted lower sections, wheel arches, and rocker area, you can put a skin on with out major work. Flange the edges where it meets the remainder of the quarter, drill some holes, plug weld it together, skin it with plastic filler and your done. If you have major issues in the outer sail panel, trunk lip, top of your quarter, inside door jamb, etc, etc.then do a full OEM type, But watch your wallet, if your having it done, it can get pricey.
And still, $2500 is way out of line I think, its just taking a shot, hoping enough people will pay it.
Like I say, If Goodmark ( who certainly know the business) can do Challenger ones for $600, why are they trying to get so much for Charger ones?

Dave

Goodmark aren't the ones making these new panels......everyone I've spoken with says that a well fitting factory style quarter will be less labour to install when you factor in everything, then straightening everything out and repairing the channel in the rear window AND removing the lead in the sail panel..... that's coming from about 4 different guys I've spoken with about them......they can't all be wrong

daytonalo

From my own exp , auto-rust and myself are on the same page !!!!!!!!

hemi-hampton

As far as I know the Charger Skins Goodmark sells were around before Goodmark even existed & are the same Skins Shermans been selling for past 20 years before goodmark was around. I think Goodmark is selling shermans skins & goodmark does not make these skins. What Goodmark does make is usually of higher Quality in my opinion. With so many complaints of poor aftermarket sheet metal fit over the years is why new companies are popping up to do better. LEON.

Dodge Don

I tried to call them today for information on these panels. No answer, got voice mail. Anyone have any new info on these things?

Dodge Don

Quote from: dkn1997 on April 02, 2007, 07:18:21 PM
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3403451&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

I saw that. What concerns me is that the guy isn't answering any questions. Keeps saying stay tuned....check my website....call me at.....

I don't know if these guys are flakes or what.

rob9593

I think I'm going to wait to SEE one of these QP's now..... they have a logo on there saying ' Authentic Restoration Product' ....is there some certification they need to go through to claim that?

And their signing dealers...........

AutoRust

Quote from: rob9593 on April 04, 2007, 02:09:06 PM
I think I'm going to wait to SEE one of these QP's now..... they have a logo on there saying ' Authentic Restoration Product' ....is there some certification they need to go through to claim that?

And their signing dealers...........

I was going to call them up, see what they are offering dealers, maybe they knock off 5-10% ???
:brickwall:

Dodge Don

The Moparts guys are going after these guys pretty hardcore (pardon the pun)

hemi-hampton

Don, can you be more specific or Elaborate? LEON. ???

AutoRust

Leon, I think he is referring to the guys on Moparts are really giving Hardcore a thrashing ( what a surprise)
They went on and posted some info, and everyone is looking for pictures and better information, and Hardcore keeps using the same talking points, and are not putting up any pictures.
$2500 is rather pricey, and before anyone shells out the dough, they want better info and some really good pictures.

Dave

hemi-hampton

I stiil say a NOS may be able to get $4,000 when you consider they may only be 5 or 20 left in existance, When you can just push a button & stamp out 100 1/4 panels in a day then NO WAY should you be asking $2,500 a 1/4. Supply & demand & you just eliminated the supply, it's now infinity for supply not 5 - 20. If for example it cost a million $$ or even $100,000 to make a Die Stamp & you have to ask $2,500 to recoup because you may only sell 100 or so then maybe dont wast the time. Actually since I restore these old Mopars I'm glad they do make them, Makes my job easier. But, fact is most lowbudget customers only want to pay $5,000 to have there whole car redone. Not just $5,000 in 2 1/4 panels. Yes, these 1/4's would be great for the guys with the Hemi & 6 pak Chargers worth $100,000+ & want to spend $50,000+ in a Resto but thats less then 5% of the Resto Crowd/customers. Just my Opinion. LEON.

Mike DC

The flame-job that this hobby is giving Hardcore right now amazes me.  I swear to God, you'd think they were announcing the destruction  of a batch of O.E.-quality Charger quarter skins or something.

If you don't wanna pay $5K for quarter panels then don't buy them.  Big deal.  Hardcore's not exactly putting a gun to anyone's head.  It's not like the existing $200 quarter skins are gonna be immediately yanked off the market when Hardcore's panels hit the shelves. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you wanna get high-grade full-coverage panels for your project car for $150, then go get a Beetle. 

The Mopar hobby has moaned & bitched about the bad quality of the existing panels for many years, and we all know it's been the prohibitive tooling costs keeping us from getting any better options.  So the guy who runs Hardcore Racing decided "damn the expenses!!!" and tooled-up a better panel no matter what it cost.  I just don't think it was such an evil thing to do.

hemi-hampton

I think they said WOW, You'd see the NOS 1/4 get $4,000 on ebay. Lets stamp some of our own & make some Money. LEON.

dkn1997

The bitching at moparts was more of the "let's see something other than an artists rendering" variety.  most said they would pay 5 grand, but hardcore only has shown renderings and no actual photos of them from different angles. when pressed, the guy from hardcore used the excuse "it's really hard to photograph these at the right angle to show the quality"  that sounds like a load to me.  if you got 'em, you got 'em. 

most just wanted to see proof they exist, that's all.
RECHRGED

mikepmcs

It's cause there is no London Drug in town that can develop the pics without ruining the film :shruggy: :no:.  DOH! No, I did not just say that, I never do that, crap.......  I'm slipping.

"Lord, I apologize" .....but......... "I don't care who you are, that right there is funny!"

:icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike

Ghoste

I wonder if Hardcore would have gotten a better reception had they NOT taken a four speed 69 Charger RT and jumped it to destruction last year as a hilarious publicity stunt. 
(we won't even get into the alleged Chevy drag car)

Mike DC

QuoteI wonder if Hardcore would have gotten a better reception had they NOT taken a four speed 69 Charger RT and jumped it to destruction last year as a hilarious publicity stunt.

Probably true. 

The R/T jump was rediculous by anyone's yardstick.  Some people objected more that others, but I can't think of a single person who wasn't annoyed about that car being chosen to get wrecked.  Not DOH fans, not the DOH stunt crew guys, not even the driver of the jump.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's worth nothing that the entire "Harcore Racing" operation is a net money loser for a rich guy who just loves musclecars.  (They didn't make a dime off that GL jump.  They probably lost a bunch of money overall.  The whole event was free open attendance.  They even gave away free hot dogs & soda to the crowd.) 

I'm saying that Hardcore many still be willing to make these Charger panels even at a major loss.

Ghoste

Hmmm, perhaps the whole enterprise is just a hobby to him then?  I'd still like to see one first but I can't fault the man for stepping into the breach.

69 charger man

i got it there making too much money selling cheby stuff, so their goin to use mopar parts as a write off/loss.... lol -ray

gtx6970

I received a dealer pricing schedule this afternoon,
Retail is $2495 EACH panel
For those that wanna step up to be a dealer  , it aint gonna be pretty.

If you want in at 35% off retail ,it's gonna set the ck book back about $ 40,000
Buy in gets as cheap as about $8000, but also only gets you 15% off

Thanks ,,, But no thanks

So get your friends together and do a group buy !!!!!!!!
Ok,,,,,,,who's gonna go first ?

charger-jeff

Jeff here from A1Canvas/A1Customs . I have had conversations with Hardcore regarding the panels over the past couple weeks & mulling over becomming a distributor.  A group buy would make it much easier for me to decide. I was aware of this project in early November as I have been to Hardcore's business in the Flint Area. They are NOT a RINKY DINK Tin can operation. I have not seen the panels nor have I seen any tooling. That may change in the next couple weeks as I may be planning a trip(about 1 hour for me) If anyone is interested in a group buy , Please send me a private message..

Cheers , Jeff

mikepmcs

Hardcore Racing was actually featured on Horsepower TV this morning.  FWIW.  They were doing engine work though.

hemi-hampton

Jeff, Let us know if you see a completed 1/4 on your visit, On that looks similar to what they had advertised in Mopar Mags that run all the way upto the roof like NOS.  LEON.

Dodge Don

Quote from: hemi-hampton on April 15, 2007, 12:13:43 PM
Jeff, Let us know if you see a completed 1/4 on your visit, On that looks similar to what they had advertised in Mopar Mags that run all the way upto the roof like NOS.  LEON.

Yes yes!! Jeff if you visit them we need an unbiased opinion on them. I'm thinking about buying a pair, however, the way these guys have launched this so far gives me cause to worry.

Daytona R/T SE

So what's the latest on the new quarters ?

hemi-hampton

Dodge Don

There have been some issues. Still have not received mine yet.

hemi-hampton

I think they are still in the Trialf fit process, This takes time. They should say will be ready in 6 months instead of Impling soon. I'm confifent they are coming, just who knows when? LEON.

1badbee

Look on their website in the upper right hand corner!!
That does NOT look like a MOPAR to me does it il looks like a pontiwreck to me, I
do not think I will be buying any of these quarters from them if the host a G L JUMP :nutkick:

rob9593

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 02, 2007, 09:40:16 AM
I think they are still in the Trialf fit process, This takes time. They should say will be ready in 6 months instead of Impling soon. I'm confifent they are coming, just who knows when? LEON.

I've been in touch with them.....my QP is supposed to be ready next week.....yes, it's trail and fit, the passenger QP tooling needed to be tweaked up to accomodate a more exact final bend behind the wheelwell...