News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 500 Needed for Eyes on Design Concours - Michigan

Started by Aero426, March 24, 2007, 11:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

The selection committee for the Eyes on Design Councours in the Detroit area are searching for a Charger 500 to display in the Aero Car ring.   The event is in June 2007.  The car needs to be a nice quality show and shine car, or better.   Bright colors, dog dishes are a plus.   PM me if you are interested and I will get you in touch with the organizers.   This is a prestigious by invitation event, and worth it to travel to attend.   Many cars come from out of state.   

69_500

Would they accept any nominations for which 500 to attend? Just curious.

I'd love to take mine, but it is far from what your asking for.

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on March 25, 2007, 04:07:59 PM
Would they accept any nominations for which 500 to attend? Just curious.

I'd love to take mine, but it is far from what your asking for.

Right, it doesn't need to be a perfect car, but it's got to have really nice paint.   

Charger_Fan

Other than the bright paint, Troy's (Hemi68) would be a good candidate. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemi68charger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 26, 2007, 02:52:20 PM
Other than the bright paint, Troy's (Hemi68) would be a good candidate. :)

Ahhhhhhhh, again, alas........ Distance distance distance..... But, I have that neutral boo-boo color....  :icon_smile_big:

Thanks CHARGER_FAN
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

If I were to nominate a car that I think is a very nice example of a 500 that isn't too far from the area, I'd say Jerry Neramore. His 500 is definately a good looking car. That or there is another white HEMI 500 in Kentucky that isn't too far from Michigan. Gorgeous car as well. Maybe you would talk Ed into taking one of his.

WINGR

Hey, I got an idea. I live in Michigan, so all I would need is someone to lend me there Hemi 500 and I could take it there. Is that really big of me. What a nice guy, right?  :yesnod:

Steve

WINGR

In my last post I forgot to add that if someone wanted to lend me a nice 440 C500 instead of a Hemi 500 then that would be great too.
Ha!Ha!  :laugh:

On a serious note, that sounds like a really cool deal. Being that I live near there, I really wish I had a C500 to display there.

Steve

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGR on March 26, 2007, 10:06:09 PM
In my last post I forgot to add that if someone wanted to lend me a nice 440 C500 instead of a Hemi 500 then that would be great too.
Ha!Ha!  :laugh:

On a serious note, that sounds like a really cool deal. Being that I live near there, I really wish I had a C500 to display there.

Steve

I'll lend you Dana if you lend me your R6.....  :D
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on March 26, 2007, 08:16:46 PM
If I were to nominate a car that I think is a very nice example of a 500 that isn't too far from the area, I'd say Jerry Neramore. His 500 is definately a good looking car. That or there is another white HEMI 500 in Kentucky that isn't too far from Michigan. Gorgeous car as well. Maybe you would talk Ed into taking one of his.

Jerry's would be perfect... Beautiful car.......  What about 69charger500's? Isn't he the one that owns the 4-speed T5 copper car? I thought he lived up there........

Troy
Troy

Aero426

Jerry's would be perfect... Beautiful car.......  What about 69charger500's? Isn't he the one that owns the 4-speed T5 copper car? I thought he lived up there........

Troy

Yep, I sent 69Charger500 a PM this morning getting him in touch with the show.    Hopefully it will work out.   

WINGR

Hey Troy, I'll think about it okay. When I saw the thread I was thinking how cool that would be to have a car there. I assume they already have a Daytona for the display, too bad.

Steve

Aero426

They need a 500 and a Cyclone Spoiler II to complete the show ring.

DC_1

Quote from: DougSchellinger on March 27, 2007, 11:39:31 AM

Troy

Yep, I sent 69Charger500 a PM this morning getting him in touch with the show.    Hopefully it will work out.   

If you don't get a response from the PM try his email address listed in his profile. Looks to be his DCX email address at work

69_500

I sent him an email about the same show. I haven't ever seen 69Charger500's car in person, only in pics. But it does appear to be a very nice car.

69Charger500

Sounds like a good reason to get the old Dodge cleaned up...

DC_1

69_500

Your not still thinkin of selling the 500 though are you?

XXHEMI

Quote from: 69Charger500 on April 01, 2007, 12:41:59 AM

Love that white stripe? How much trouble would I get in with the aero police if I converted?

DC_1

Quote from: XXHEMI on April 02, 2007, 07:53:15 PM
Quote from: 69Charger500 on April 01, 2007, 12:41:59 AM

Love that white stripe? How much trouble would I get in with the aero police if I converted?

I am afraid they would have the car confiscated and put in my garage...errrr.....impound.

hemigeno

Quote from: XXHEMI on April 02, 2007, 07:53:15 PM

I'd like to see someone on the aero police be able to produce any documentation about what your stripe color SHOULD be... 

Put on whatever flavor you like, although there's absolutely nothing wrong with either of those stripe colors on those cars.

:hah:
Quote from: Sydmoe on April 02, 2007, 07:59:30 PM
I am afraid they would have the car confiscated and put in my garage...errrr.....impound.

Highbanked Hauler

YEARS  ago I saw a green 69 RT  in a salvage yard with a red RT stripe on it.  I just wish I had a picture to prove it. ::)
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemigeno

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on April 03, 2007, 05:18:16 PM
YEARS ago I saw a green 69 RT in a salvage yard with a red RT stripe on it. I just wish I had a picture to prove it. ::)

David Patik (of Performance Car Grapics fame) owns a green car with a red stripe...  There are some odd ones out there, aren't there?

69_500

I was going to say there is a 500 that is green with a red tail stripe.

I don't know of any list showing stripe colors for 500's, and the only way to prove what stripe was on your 500 would be if you owned it from new, or if you had photo's of the day the origional owner picked it up. Otherwise, we are pretty much guessing. Could be educated guessing though.

Highbanked Hauler

Ive only seen  Red  White and Black, are there others?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Not from what I've seen. On a 500 anyways. But there are some odd combo's for colors of interior with exterior as well.