News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Storm cloud pics of Huricane Katrina

Started by Paul G, September 15, 2005, 10:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Wakko on September 15, 2005, 10:25:23 AM
Those storms are severe thunderstorms butting up against a cold front, creating a shelf cloud or a wall cloud.   I think they spawn tornados, but I'm not sure about that.
Yep Wakko, your correct.

Here are two pictures from when I was down in FL visiting family when Dennis was rolling in. We didn't get the actual hurricane but did get some pretty nasty weather. These were shot drving down I-75 from Sarasota to Cape Coral.

4402tuff4u

Looks like the scene from the recent movie "War of the Worlds" with Tom Cruise. Too bad they used a mustang in that movie instead of a Mopar.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

472 R/T SE

Those pix were out a long time ago.  Kori (sixpack71) sent them to me and I thought he said they were from up north, Canada.

Truly amazing photos.

derailed

I was stopped at an intersection here one time when a bolt of lightning hit a telephone pole right next to my car with my window down. Scared the BVDs off me. It felt like one side of my body stiffened right up for about 20 minutes.

Chargerguy74

I've had a bolt of lightning knock me to my knees once. Never actually hit me though (I was standing by some grain bins). Damn was it a close one.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Khyron

Quote from: drailed on September 16, 2005, 10:58:36 AM
I was stopped at an intersection here one time when a bolt of lightning hit a telephone pole right next to my car with my window down. Scared the BVDs off me. It felt like one side of my body stiffened right up for about 20 minutes.

I lost control of my arm once for 20 min due to shock as well.....

but I forgot to disconnect the battry when I removed that starter ;) :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

2fast4u

I've had those exact pictures in my photo file way before Katrina was even born......but just the same......they are very cool pics indeed!!!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: dd44068 on September 15, 2005, 01:16:53 PM
They might not be of Katrina but still cool to LOOK at.
:iagree: Pretty damned impressive.

I'm glad I wasn't there. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)