News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

half az wiring harness

Started by toqwik, March 28, 2007, 09:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toqwik

I want to wire my 68 charger just to run so I can load/unload it from a trailer.  It is running points dist.  Can someone tell me an easy, basic way to wire it up with toggles to run this much???

OttawaCharger

lets see if I remember this one correctly   :scratchchin:
First hook up the ground cable from your battery's negative post to somewhere on the block.
2nd, you'll need ignition-> use a 14 gauge or bigger wire and put an on-off switch in there so you can turn engine off, run from positive side of the battery to positive side of ignition coil.

cranking the starter - install the battery positive cable onto the big lug on the starter. put a wire with a push button from the positive side of the batter to the starter relay on the starter (not the firewall) and when you hit that button, she should go!  :icon_smile_cool:

If that doesnt work -- The distributor has 2 leads, positive and negative. they both goto the coil and are marked at both ends. to test for proper wiring, positive side of coil is constant while the negative pulses when engine is cranked.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!