News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Problem

Started by Blacknight, April 05, 2007, 12:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacknight

Hello everybody it has been awhile since i have posted anything here in this forum been busy with work. I have a problem with the charger last year i took the car to a burger joint in town and on the way back i got stuck in traffic. The heater gauge dosent work so i didnt know the engine was starting to overheat. Well to make a long story short it ended up overheating and i had to have my step dad tow it back to my garage. The engine was turning over when i got it back to the garage but wasnt starting. Well it has sat in my garage for the last 7 months and when i went to try to start it again there is nothing. It acts like the battery is dead so i took it out and had it checked at the auto parts store and they told me the battery was fine fully charged. So i am wondering what the problem could be? Any help would be appeciated thanks.

The70RT

Check each battery cable conection at both ends. If thats good check the starter & solenoid. See if you can turn the engine by hand by putting a socket on the crankshaft pulley to see if it turns or not. You need it to crank over to check your spark and fuel situation. If all that pans out do a compression check.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Quote from: The70RT on April 05, 2007, 12:44:20 PM
Check each battery cable conection at both ends. If thats good check the starter & solenoid. See if you can turn the engine by hand by putting a socket on the crankshaft pulley to see if it turns or not. You need it to crank over to check your spark and fuel situation. If all that pans out do a compression check.
:iagree: Try to turn the crank by hand, to make sure it hasn't stuck a piston in the cylinder. If it spins freely, the 'dead battery' symptom should be something electrical related. It may have gotten hot enough to finish off a weak starter.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

whitehatspecial

:iagree: Check the battery terminals, could be that simple .
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

asesino

Quote from: whitehatspecial on April 06, 2007, 08:39:24 PM

:iagree: Check the battery terminals, could be that simple .
If somebody can transalte my words do it please
si el carro no hace ningun ruido solo se bajan las luces del tablero puede ser la terminal que va a la tierra osea al chasis
puedes checar tambien algun fusible que lleve corriente al encendido o la pastilla de encendido
por otra parte como te comentaban tambien pueden ser los carbones de la marcha solo tienes que darle unos golpes a la marcha para que agan mejor contacto pero si es nesesario remplasarlos y por ultimo pero no menos importante checar que los cables de la bateria esten en buen estado y que las conecciones tanto de bateria como tierra a chasis y marcha  esten bien y tambien checa el alternador( ya que si entendi bien haces referencia de que no marcaba el indicador de temperatura y tal vez el de la bateria tampoco funcionara) ya que con el motor prendido si funcionaria el carro pero no estaria cargando corriente y alomejor por eso no te funcionaba la pila
suerte y espero que te puedan  ayudar mis comentarios
xASESINOx

41husk

You might check the wire to the Nuetral start switch runs fro Tranny up to starter relay,  See if it will start by jumping it across the starter relay, if it will start the problem is somewere between the relay and the NSS.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up