News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Updated with pic's I Need All You Body Experts To Evaluate This

Started by SoCal Zo (.)(.), April 09, 2007, 11:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

Hey Guy's

I need some recommendation from all you body pro's. I will forward you the pictures If you would like to give me your 2 cents. I understand that the roof will need to be replaced. I just want some input send me your email address :scratchchin:

69hemi

http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

moparguy01

69hemi

1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram

SeattleCharger

Do you know how to attach pics here?   You may have to resize them, 600x800 is about biggest width and height, and if the file doesn't fit, has to be under 200kb per photo, up to four photos per post, many pics as you want, four posts = 16 pics for example, you can get a free photo working file that will "optimize" them, which lowers the kb's but does not change the width and height size,  just recommending that if you could post pics here, you would probably get a lot more replies and help.   :Twocents:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

moparguy01

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

I'll get you guys some pics 2nite, I was just at work and I didnt have the pics in a jpeg format, I had them pasted on a email

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

SeattleCharger

wow, the rest of the car looks good, did all that happen hidden under the vinyl top then?  and you took the top off and that was underneath? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

moparguy01

Judas Priest on a pony.  I've only seen 1 car with that many holes in its roof in all my days, and that was a convertible........If thats the same car with those frame rails I say you just bought a parts car, at best. your going to need to find a complete roof skin for it, plus some. so basically you have to find a real nice rust free car and cut out the top of the 1/4 panel as well since that sail panel area is shot.

69hemi

Woah!  Thats enough nudity for me!  Is the bottom of the car solid?
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
02 Ram
95 Ram

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

the rest of the car is extremely solid thats the only area that has rust

Doright

Some times they are too far gone  :'( I would look real hard evaluating the rest of the car before you decide to fix, Sail panels just don't do that because they were under vinyl, front part of the roof would, but I don't think the rear would.
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

Gentlemen,

WINGMAN has a roof from a 69 that he doesn't mind getting rid of. It looks in good shape and only surface rust also I can pick up the sail panels from Jim's Auto Parts online for around $100 each. Can it be done? :ahum:

hemi-hampton

Looks like the Darts roof I replaced. I say get a donor roof that includes the sail panels or top of 1/4's. Or like I did on Dart make your own patches in Sail panel area. LEON.

moparguy01

what hemi hampton said. I'd try to find a roof that has the top of the 1/4 panels included. but that roof would be workable if you cant find any that include the top of the 1/4s. But i'd stay away from Jim's. not much good heard about them. but you could definately install that roof skin. just gotta grind off or sandblast or even acid dip that roof to get rid of the rust.

terrible one

What about the sail panels from WINGMAN's car that you are getting the roof off of? I can't really see anything in the pictures but they look alright...

UFO

That is one sad `70. Might be easier to  add a coronet conv top?

Doright

[quoteCan it be done?   

]

heck ya it can be done! Just make sure your ganna be ok with the rest of the car.
If the bottom is all ate up too you might wanna think twice is all.
After all I am sure one or two of us have taken and bittin off more than they could chew once or twice :brickwall:
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more