News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'72 - 440 - 727 - pinion angle?

Started by defiance, April 16, 2007, 02:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defiance

Ok, so this weekend I'll put the finishing touches on my dana, and one of the things I thought might make things easier down the road was to put the spring perches at somewhere close to the best pinion angle.

The problem is, the car is in the body shop with no engine/tranny, the body shop won't be done for a month or so more, and even after that it'll be months before I have an engine/tranny in it.

I suppose I could hold off that long to put the perches on, but to be perfectly honest, I want to move on to the next project :P

So what I was thinking was, if anyone here knows, or remembers, or whatever- what the 'ball-park' angle of a transmission is in a '72 with a 440 and a 727?  I figure if I can get a good ballpark I can put these on at 3 below in line with that (for caltracks), then when it comes time to actually set the pinion angle, the job should require minimal shimming.

So anyone have any idea?  I honestly didn't think I was going to switch rears when I took the tranny out, so I didn't bother to measure... but things change, you know :P