News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

who is also working over time so you can spend a buck on your Charger?

Started by CB, April 18, 2007, 03:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

Saturday I will pick up my Charger from my local speed shop.
she went in for a front end rebuild with the PST super kit and a trans rebuild, the engine will be lifted so they will change out the mounts too
since I am not a hero with tools, I am forced to pay others to do it for me, but it gives me a better feeling about safety.

Who is also working his butt off to spend the hard owned cash on the project?

man, it's an expensive addiction  :-\
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

jackel440

oh man I  have been workn OT for too many years ,but we have got used to all the money that now we live beyond our means it seems  :brickwall: I still don't have any extra $$$ :RantExplode:
man what a rutt.

CharlieCharger

I'd say other than the more wealthy, most of us would have to..It is an expensive hobby wouldn't you say?  :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

CB

Quote from: jackel440 on April 18, 2007, 03:18:53 PM
oh man I  have been workn OT for too many years ,but we have got used to all the money that now we live beyond our means it seems  :brickwall: I still don't have any extra $$$ :RantExplode:
man what a rutt.
I set my Charger as top priority in the fun department
Id rather spend cash on a part/labour then buying a new tv or pc. :scratchchin:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

6pkrunner

Well I would have liked to put the OT I'm going to get during the next few months into the GTS, but the first floor bathroom has seriously got to be redone.

Brock Samson

i worked two jobs for twelve years.
   i also used the extra cash from running my own moving company to fund my band and my music studios.
You wanna talk about some OT?.  :RantExplode:

70charginglizard

What good is it to have a totally cool cruising car when you never have the time to take it out and enjoy it.

Overtime SUCKS! and lifes to short to waste it working OT for the man. (not like he cares about me, my heath or my happiness)

If I ever do work OT, it's only during the winter when I can't get out to enjoy my hobby.  :yesnod:
70charginglizard

GTX

I have too many hobbies and never enough money. Usually in the winter I work as much as I can and spend my spare otherwise known as money siphoned off the top on parts for both the Charger and the GTX.  In the summer I begin putting those parts on and spend money on buying 35mm theater films or my home automation hobby or arcade machines. ( anyone wanna buy a Battlezone machine?  ;) )

Right now I have a pile of parts for the Charger including a new interior, new SS brake line kit, gas tank and set of trunk pans that need to go in so I have way more than I can get done for the summer. Add to that that the taskmaster boss wants me to finish the downstairs bathroom redo and put in the new upstairs tub that is in the living room right now and now she also wants me to strip, re-stain and clear the wood floors just so we can put carpet over them in a couple of years.

Hmm, maybe I won't be buying the new truck I want this year after all , at least not without both of us putting in much more ot  :scratchchin:   

The70RT

I work one10 hour shift and 9 for the rest of the week. I used to work 6 days but got out of it after 9 years. That's another reason I am just stating to restore the charger.......but now there is less money .....what gives???
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

I was working a 2nd job to fund the resto but after working a year to earn more than $13k over and above I got kind of frustrated that it only covered the body work. So I said to heck with it... for now.

hemihead

Quote from: 70charginglizard on April 18, 2007, 07:13:10 PM
What good is it to have a totally cool cruising car when you never have the time to take it out and enjoy it.

Overtime SUCKS! and lifes to short to waste it working OT for the man. (not like he cares about me, my heath or my happiness)

If I ever do work OT, it's only during the winter when I can't get out to enjoy my hobby.  :yesnod:
I agree with you there. I used to work 70 hour weeks but the only one I made cash for was Uncle Sam and the old lady.
So I changed jobs, kicked the old lady out and now life is sweet.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

GTX

I used to go in at 6:00 to 6:30 am and come home at around 9:00 pm 6 days a week but I realized that the more you make, the more they take so I cut down quite a bit.

Back N Black

I do mechanical work out of my own garage on the side, plus sell a few parts .So far the charger has not cost me anything from my regular income and no big tax gouge.  ;)

Lee01

No overtime for! :rotz:
I use Ebay and sell whatever I don't need anymore. I sold for a couple hundred buck some old but nice model car kit
I did also (less now),but on saturday, going to the local wrecker/salvage yard, buy some ''key'' parts, emblem, old radio, steering wheels... redo them, cleaning them then resell for sometime big bucks. :yesnod:

Got two kids (3-4 years old) and I try to enjoy this moment instead of never seeing them and work my a$$ off 12hr a days and give most of the hard ean money to the gouvmt. I don't really pays to work too much and neglect the family. :-\

That my point of view :icon_smile_cool:
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

GTX

Quote from: Lee01 on April 19, 2007, 09:41:24 AM

I use Ebay and sell whatever I don't need anymore. I sold for a couple hundred buck some old but nice model car kit

I didn't know those old models were getting those prices. I have a bunch of boxes of unopened models somewhere.
Curious, what model was it?

Lee01

Quote from: GTX on April 19, 2007, 11:26:54 AM

I didn't know those old models were getting those prices. I have a bunch of boxes of unopened models somewhere.

Well some older kit can worth in excess of 200$ :yesnod:
The value is like an old car, the better preserve the best dollar you get. If its still sealed the better. Even poorly built model, but rare one are getthing money for. Again some rarer kit just don't bring alot if they where mass produce.

For my part I mostly built detailed model, I been doing this for 20 year. I've built countless car, most today are sold. I also had little business of doing customer replica in 1/24 for awhile, maybe I will restart since i'm finally installed in my new home!
Here some exemple for car that I,ve sold throught Ebay: (got quite the dollar for those)

Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

The70RT

Those are awsome.....good job. I would go blind trying to detail them like that. If you get certain diecast decals and strip the joe blow ones they sell good on eBay too.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GTX

Maybe I ought to pull out my boxes and see what I have. About 20 years ago a store was going out of business and I picked up whatever Mopar model kits I could find.

Lee01

Quote from: The70RT on April 19, 2007, 12:54:55 PM
Those are awsome.....good job. I would go blind trying to detail them like that. If you get certain diecast decals and strip the joe blow ones they sell good on eBay too.

Well I did sorta with SRT-4 . I would by them at 5$cnd and them repaint them color that they wasn't issued in and resell for about 30-45$ usd each.
It took me only an hour to do . Plus I done two for customer with special design (AAR style stripe and tribal graphic)

I can turn any diecast into something else and more realistic.
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

CB

Next week I will have 7-8K in it for body work (had a super deal on that) and lots of rebuilding jobs.
Gonna need discs brakes , rear rebuild and some interior upgrading.

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Arigmaster

Quote from: Lee01 on April 19, 2007, 12:39:39 PM
Quote from: GTX on April 19, 2007, 11:26:54 AM

Well some older kit can worth in excess of 200$ :yesnod:
The value is like an old car, the better preserve the best dollar you get. If its still sealed the better. Even poorly built model, but rare one are getthing money for. Again some rarer kit just don't bring alot if they where mass produce.

For my part I mostly built detailed model, I been doing this for 20 year. I've built countless car, most today are sold. I also had little business of doing customer replica in 1/24 for awhile, maybe I will restart since i'm finally installed in my new home!
Here some exemple for car that I,ve sold throught Ebay: (got quite the dollar for those)

OOOoooh!  Very nice work on the models! (you don't drink coffee...do you?) Excellent detail work!

AL

GTX

Umm, sorry to jack this thread by asking about the models, didn't intend to.

We now return you to the original thread...........

BlueSS454

I will work OT once in a while when it's available.  I am fortunate enough to not have to pay a mortgage (still live at home with the parental units).  The only bills I have are my truck payment, insuance on the cars I have, my cell phone, and the cable bill.  ALL my extra $$ goes right into whatever car I'm restoring, right now, it's the Charger.
Tom Rightler

Shakey

When you see my "Where's Shakey" or "The View from My Hotel Room" type threads - that's how I pay for my Charger's restoration, and everything else the family needs for that matter.  Although it could be considered overtime by some (being away from my family for days on end), it's really not!

70kracken

my work lets all of it's employees work as much as you want.  i usually score 40 hours of ot every two weeks.  the car is on hold, i'm focusing on my 440 jet boat right now.  i'd like to have the boat match the car and maybe pull it with the car to local shows.  i think that would be pretty unique.
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

Mean 318

In may I will be doing concrete work for 50 hrs a week and working 20hrs a week at the other job... Its ALL for the Coronet!

Silver R/T

Every friday is OT for me, I try to work as many OT hours as they let me. Ive got mortgage besides charger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SeattleCharger

The engine detail on that charger and challenger is amazing,  how did you replicate all the little parts? 

working for charger money, yes yes

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Wheels of Terror

Obviously I'm working ALOT of overtime!!!  :P
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

Silver R/T

Quote from: GTX on April 19, 2007, 12:44:24 AM
I used to go in at 6:00 to 6:30 am and come home at around 9:00 pm 6 days a week but I realized that the more you make, the more they take so I cut down quite a bit.

Exactly, I usually try not to work over 20 hrs OT in a month
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722