News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torsion bars-How do you tell a left from a right?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, April 22, 2007, 07:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

How do you tell a left from a right?  There's a number stamped on them isn't there? Which is which?

I'm on my way out to the garage to try to get all the 38 year old grease and mud off of them and look for some digits  :scope:

The car is my 69 R/T SE Daytona Clone

Dodge Don

There is a 3 digit number on the flat end of each part that matches the last 3 numbers of the part number. Find the numbers and cross reference to the parts manual and you'll have the answer.

Ghoste

Even numbers are right side and odd numbers are left side.  For example if the bar were part number 1857780, it would have the 780 stamped at one end as Don mentioned and it would be for the passenger side.  A 781 would go under the driver.

mikepmcs

For most applications, odd number goes on the left(driver) of the car and the even number goes to the right(pass) side.

Also, they are marked L and R

Another way is the paint from the factory.  2 paint marks means left, 1 paint mark means right

Another way is the direction of twists. If the numbers are ground off and the paint is gone. The bars are pre-set twisted 30 degrees in the direction of use.  Bars twisted clockwise (looking from the rear) go on the right side, bars twisted counter-clockwise go on the left side.

Got that info from Moparts Tech a while back.

For reference my numbers are 779(left) and 778(right)

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Daytona R/T SE