News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 HP 440 Magnum Rebuild.....Need advice on making around 500 H.P.

Started by MoparMotel, September 17, 2005, 03:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

Hi,

I have the chance to buy a 1967 HP 440 Magnum and 727 from a local wrecking yard around here and am hopefully going to buy it. What would have to be done, or what parts would you guys reccomend on making around 500+ horse power. I am talking with my dad about taking it back all original, or making a 500 horsepower street monster. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks Nick
1968 Dodge Charger

MoparYoungGun

I would start with the obvious. Cam, intake/carb, and exhaust. Then, either port the original iron heads or buy some new Edelbrocks. To actually give you a specific list of parts were going to need more info to go on. Things like rear end ratio, what you plan on doing with the it (street car, weekend racer, etc.). The more info you can give us the better.

cudaken

Speed Pro L22355 pistons
Stock MP steel head gaskets
MP P4120998 Windage Tray
MP P4120235 Cam Hemi Street cam and match springs and retainers
MP P5249092 Rocker shafts
MP P4529476 and P4529477 Rocker arm's 8 each
Custom Push Rods, make sure you have all that you can have. That will need done by the shop that does the work.
MP Roller Chain one bolt
Toker Intake worked well with the can I have listed above
Holley 750 with some work
Hemi Fuel Pump
74 440 A/C water pump worth 5 HP
Match ported head's
3 angel valve job Ron or Neil will list the cutting specks
Some Pocket work
Was it a 440 HP, if it was stock 915 valve sizes is good. If 516, I would use 1.88 exhaust and 2.10 intake. Bigger than the HP 915's but if you have to replces the seat bigger is better.
This is the BIGGIE, have the block decked to Blue Printed Deck Height.
Bore the block with plates
APR Rod bolt's
Polish the beams of the rods
Balances the 440
Harden Oil pump drive
High Volume oil pump
MP P4529884 Hemi Oil Pan, hold 6 quarts
Clutch fan
Hooker or TTI headers. I used super comp's Hooker with the MP cam I listed and worked well.

This will get a B-body that will hook up and 3.91's in to a 12.5 range. I bulit this same engine but never got to install it. Guy that did got a Dart in to 11.8's. Good idle and runs well.

There will be other ideas but this one will be a good driver.

OK, will shut up and look at the supercharger.

Cuda Ken
I am back

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)