News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlight switch 68-69 charger

Started by Jesco, April 26, 2007, 02:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesco

Hi,
Do any know if they do repros on the headlight switch (vacuum) for charger 68-69? If it's on the market where can I find it?
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Mike DC

I don't think it's on the market.  It still wasn't as of a couple years ago.

For years it's been one of those infuriating little parts . . . It's no bigger than your hand.  And yet you can't buy it, repair it, or even put together a workable substitute for it.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

resq302

And a certain someone on this board also came up with a way to repair your existing vacuum switch which came in very handy for me I might add!  Thanks again for that tip.! :punkrocka: :cheers:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Jesco

Thanks a lot, but my vacuum switch work fine it's the headlight on/off who had burn. I can operate the doors but not the light with the switch....
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

resq302

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 27, 2007, 07:09:20 AM
Here is the thread Brian is talking about i believe. :thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9472.0.html

v/r
Mike

Thanks Mike.  I couldn't locate it with the search feature.  Probably cause I was typing in vacuum repair as the key words.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

tommymac

Did you check your dimmer switch,my lights were dead one night,I drove home with parking lights,to find out I had a bad connection on the dimmer switch