News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor4766

Here's a pic I took of a statue that's being built in Bali Indonesia.
As you can see it's currently as tall as a 2 story building.

And here is a smaller version of how this statue will look when completed.
It depicts a Balinese warrior (or god) riding a Garuda bird and will be MASSIVE if it's ever finished.

Gotta love a '69

mikesbbody

bakerhillpins

Vegas Skyline...  from the 36th floor of the Bellagio. Friend rented a suite up there for the Superbowl.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

68X426

Northern lights, over Prelude Lake, located about 30 kilometers east of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

An Airplane in Front of the Moon

Credit & Copyright: Chris Thomas

Explanation: "If you look closely at the Moon, you will see a large airplane in front of it. Well, not always. OK, hardly ever. But if you wait for days with your camera attached to a Moon tracker in a place where airplanes are known to pass, you might catch a good photograph of it. Well, if you're lucky. OK, extremely lucky. The image was taken over South East Queensland, Australia using an exposure time of 1/250th of a second and, in the words of the photographer, "a nerve of steel"."

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

A Hall of Mountain Glory

Credit & Copyright: A. Tudorica (ISS Romania)

Explanation: "If you tried to enter this hall of fog, you would find it dissipates around you. The hall is actually on the mountain from which this picture was taken. Known as "the glory", the phenomenon is frequently seen from airplanes. The ring's center is not visible, but if it were, the shadow of the observer would appear. This shadow would likely change as clouds passed, creating a faux moving giant known as the Brocken Spectre. As pictured, several concentric rings of the glory appear to create a hall for this mountain king. The cause of the glory has only been understood recently and is relatively complex. Briefly, small droplets of water reflect, refract, and diffract sunlight backwards towards the Sun. The phenomenon has a counterpart in astronomy, where looking out from planet Earth in the direction opposite the Sun yields a bright spot called the gegenschein."

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

doctor4766

Quote from: 68X426 on February 16, 2011, 02:43:38 AM
Northern lights, over Prelude Lake, located about 30 kilometers east of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada.

That's farken awesome!
Gotta love a '69

Bob T

Quote from: doctor4766 on February 16, 2011, 05:34:19 AM

That's farken awesome!

I reckon,  :2thumbs:  expecting to see the Spaceships and little green man bouncing around the landscape
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

el dub

Dusty day on the ranch workin steers, and fun day on the ranch.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

el dub

OK here is the dusty day. Sometime I will learn how to use comp. to post multiple pics.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: el dub on February 17, 2011, 05:58:37 PM
Dusty day on the ranch workin steers, and fun day on the ranch.
What are those big things hanging off the back?  Are those the boars that are over running everything?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

el dub

Brock Samson

while I'm on the subject of Camera Gear - and specificly new Casio Camera Gear as per the previous page...

This new Casio EXH20G has a complete GPS feature as seen in the middle of the linked page below,...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/220001/casio_exilim_exh20g_a_fun_pocket_megazoom_for_travelers.html

"intuitive map interface, points-of-interest database, real-world location names (not just raw latitude and longitude data), and easy integration with the mapping services in Flickr, Google Earth, and Picasa.

Establishing a GPS connection for the first time requires being outside with a clear view of the sky, and linking up to the satellites takes about 2 to 3 minutes for the initial connection. After that, it's smooth sailing, and the camera's internal autonomic positioning system can log your travels from there, even while you're indoors.

Pressing the globe-icon button on the top of the camera brings up the map interface, while pressing the person-icon button centers the map on your current location; the latter feature performed quickly and accurately during my hands-on tests, with a margin of error of about one city block.

As long as you have the camera's GPS functionality turned on, the in-camera map interface shows where you've been wandering with a trail of red dots. It also displays blue dots that you hover over with the camera's directional-pad controls to view photos taken at each location.

When you're taking a photo with the GPS feature powered on, the LCD shows the names of nearby points of interest on the map. If you turn on 'Place Stamp' in the camera menu, you also see a drop-down menu at the bottom of the display that lets you overlay the name of each location in the bottom-right corner of each photo. Around the PCWorld offices in San Francisco's South of Market district, the camera listed many appropriate points of interest (South Park, AT&T Park, China Basin, Hills Plaza).

Once you offload your images to a computer, the geotagging integrates perfectly with Flickr, Google Earth, and Picasa. The longitude and latitude data isn't explicitly visible in each image's EXIF data, but the shots show up in precisely the right spot of each program's map interface.

Unfortunately, my supervisors didn't respond to my repeated requests to go on an all-expenses-paid around-the-world vacation to test the camera's GPS skills across the globe, but the accurate location-based data and mapping of shots I took in San Francisco are good indicators of how well the camera's GPS functionality performs in a big city".

I guess it was just a matter of time till cameras had their own built in GPS capability... whoda' thunk it?..

chargergirl

kinda like the droid x. Your camera takes a great picture. Sometimes when the days are tough it's good to run through here and see the beauty! Thanks!
Trust your Woobie!

64dartgt

Stonington CT harbor at sunset from my S2 9.2A (30 ft sailboat) the first landfall I made in Triple Play after I bought her.

Finn

A couple nights ago, I was leaving my neighborhood when some guy comes flying down the street. He was on my side of the road and almost ran me into a parked car. I had to swerve up onto someones lawn to avoid this idiot. I wasn't about to let that slide so I went around the block to get his plate as I suspected he was either drunk or on something.
I couldn't have been more than 15 seconds behind him when this is what I found:

When I had pulled up a neighbor had just came outside because she heard the noise of the crash. The guy had ran but her son was chasing him down on foot. The family that owned the truck which got hit had just came out when my brother showed up. He had been at school for the last couple days working on midterms but when I told him what happened he hopped back in his car and took off after the guy. Meanwhile when the police/fire/ambulance showed I got a call from my brother saying he and the neighbor's son had lost the guy but they knew roughly which house he was in. They said he was bleeding and stumbling bad. The neighbor's son came back and took the police to where they had last seen the guy. I dunno if they ever caught him but I'm just glad no one else was hurt. With the way he was driving he could have easily killed someone.

Also on an interesting note, my brother suggested to the firemen/police they check the registration in the glove box to see if it was a local address. Both dismissed that idea without even checking because "the car might be stolen"...
:eyes:
Now I'm no detective or paramedic, but if I was trying to find an injured driver that fled the scene only to disappear into some house on the next street, checking the glove box seems like a pretty easy/logical thing to do.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

nvrbdn

you are lucky he didnt hit you.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

R1zbear

mikepmcs

GO CELTICS!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 18, 2011, 03:00:22 PM
  "intuitive map interface, points-of-interest database, real-world location names (not just raw latitude and longitude data), and easy integration with the mapping services in Flickr, Google Earth, and Picasa.

I guess it was just a matter of time till cameras had their own built in GPS capability... whoda' thunk it?..

As much as I don't want to hijack this thread.. Be warned that when you post pics of your ride and have the GPS data turned on anyone who downloads the pic gets the exact location of where you took the pic. So as cool as it sounds, embedded GPS info in pics can act as a treasure map that puts a big old X on top of your garage with your multi-thousand dollar baby inside.  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ChgrSteve67

Today at work

Near Sacramento CA

Some say it touched down.
I did minor damage to some cars, street lights and knocked down a cinderblock wall

Hailed a bit too without warning.

-Steve

sixty8charger

wicked!  can't mess with mother nature
Jayson

doctor4766

Pic I took of my son with The Treasury in the background.  
This is at the lost city of Petra in Jordan.
This place is awesome!

Gotta love a '69

68coronetGLwannabe

doctor4766, That is a great pic. thanks for sharing.  :2thumbs:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

67440chrg

Yes thanks it looks like a real cool place .