News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Barfyspitz

Quote from: Drache on May 31, 2016, 02:38:56 PM
Quote from: Barfyspitz on May 31, 2016, 02:00:29 PM
Are those discharge papers fro. The civil war?

Yes they are  :2thumbs:
thats cool!!!!  is the date oct 26 1865?  If so looks like he waS discharged about six months after it ended. I wonder where he spent the remainder of his deployment.

Drache

Quote from: Barfyspitz on May 31, 2016, 05:24:12 PM
Quote from: Drache on May 31, 2016, 02:38:56 PM
Quote from: Barfyspitz on May 31, 2016, 02:00:29 PM
Are those discharge papers fro. The civil war?

Yes they are  :2thumbs:
thats cool!!!!  is the date oct 26 1865?  If so looks like he waS discharged about six months after it ended. I wonder where he spent the remainder of his deployment.

My ancestors name was Judson Clark. He volunteered for the Civil war in 1862 and was placed into Company "D" of the 1st Colorado Cavalry for a 3 year term. Now Civil War history buffs might recognize the 1st Colorado as Chivington's Unit... the Unit that is known for the Sand Creek Massacre in 1864.

The head of Comanpy "D" was a Captain Soule. He was an honourble man and along with one other Captain, refused to take part in Sand Creek. He told his men they would not fire upon the Natives. For this he faced court martial. Afterwards he even testified against Chivington and for this he faced death threats. In fact, in 1865, Captain Soule was shot and killed by a Cavalryman who was at Sand Creek (A member of the 2nd Colorado). A friend of Soules chased the man into New Mexico and brought him to justice, only for the murderer to escape and was never caught again. The friend of Soule's was then found poisoned to death shortly afterwards.

Judson Clark after being released went into the Black Hills, Wyoming and disappeared with a group of others looking for gold in 1869. The interesting part though was out of the 5 guys, one guy crawled out and said they were attacked by Indians. The bodies of the rest were recovered except for Judson Clark which was never found.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Barfyspitz

That's fascinating! So did Judson spend the majority of the war on the western front?

Drache

Quote from: Barfyspitz on May 31, 2016, 06:26:27 PM
That's fascinating! So did Judson spend the majority of the war on the western front?

Yup they were "Indian fighters"
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Barfyspitz

Quote from: Drache on May 31, 2016, 07:20:15 PM

That's wild. I bet the stories hecould tell would be unbelievable

Drache

Quote from: Barfyspitz on May 31, 2016, 07:43:40 PM
Quote from: Drache on May 31, 2016, 07:20:15 PM

That's wild. I bet the stories hecould tell would be unbelievable

The 1851 colt is civil war as well, as is the pocket watch
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skip68

:2thumbs:   
That's awesome drache
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Drache

So I found this trail that overlooks the Fraser River. Really nice view... but spotted something I never seen before. On a small rock island in the middle of the river was an old cabin! I have no idea how someone would get over there, maybe there was a bridge at one time.

Fraser River

Looking down onto the island

Zooming in a little

Look at that rock fireplace

Driving out to the ranch I have to cross the Rudy Johnson Bridge pictured below

Going across the bridge and looking down river you can see the small rock island the cabin is on
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

71charger_fan

At the 25 June 2016 Home Run Car Show at Harry Grove Stadium in Frederick, MD.

Drache

Bought a storage locker that hadn't been opened in 10 years and found this inside. Snapped a quick picture of it on the way home  :icon_smile_big:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bakerhillpins

Attended a funeral this morning for Orford Fire Fighter Charles Waterbury who passed during a call last week (medical emergency). Left us far to early in life. Beautiful service and lots of support from all.  A reminder to all out there to take time to enjoy your families and yourselves when the opportunities present themselves. I didn't know him well but he served the department of our neighboring town and I have several friends that served beside him.   :patriot:  RIP Charles

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

After a 7 hour road trip through torrential rain.

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Charger_Fan

That reminds me of a pic I took of my Town Car. A few hours after I waxed it, a storm rolled through...

The car.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71charger_fan

Took a road trip to St. Louis.

J.Bond

68pplcharger

A12 Superbee

No words...
A12 Dodge Superbee Coupe 4 speed Car number 157 in the A12 Registry.
XBGT Ford Falcon sedan, same model as Max drives in The Roadwarrior, the yellow car he starts off in.
WANT: Triple black 68 or 70 Charger!

68pplcharger

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mytur Binsdirti