News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 to 402 Edelbrock LA Stroker Build

Started by Beer, July 24, 2005, 05:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

Hey Beer, At least you are making progress. You really got to find that bumper filler. Not available anywhere. Ebay maybe. BTW, where is the snow? No snow? I thought you guys were getting hammered up there.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

oldrock

any updates on that killer project? My son and I have really enjoyed watching your progress. We did a rebuild of a 318 on my 72 charger but had to keep it very low budget. We look forward to seeing how yours turns out as a full bore restoration.

Beer

Thanks oldrock,

I am all stop right now, should start up again next few months.

I spun two connecting rod bearings on my other car (at the track spraying nitrous in Oct) and am putting $$ into that to get it running again. 
Building a Forged LS6 382 Stroker for it. That will be going into the car in this June.

Sept-Nov 2010 should be the months of hopefully wrapping up the Charger and getting it running.
I am still looking for a better left rear light, and the top front bumper spacer.
I am still debating on ralley stripes down the side or maybe the bumble bee on the rear.

Transmission and interior parts are whats left, the Seats are redone ready in Black. I have the carpet, but I gotta go through the wiring harness as it has worn spots etc...planning on all new panels for interior (Black). 

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

oldrock

thanks for the update, Josh and will look forward to seeing the finished product. Be sure to take alot of pics of it.

Beer

Here is the most recent pic w/ the police wheels...Motor is not in Charger yet stance should look pretty cool when the Motor is in.

The Blue Vette (in garage) is the one with the spun Bearings, still has the car number from the track on the windshield.  The motor is out, hood is removed on that one...  :brickwall:  The up side is without Nitrous the new motor should make that a low 11 second car (450-480 RWHP NA), 10's on spray (550-600HP).  ;)

The trailer is also getting a little make over too while I wait on funds...new fenders and some paint.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

trucknorris

Hey thats a nice build you got there. Im looking to do this exact build with a 1980 318 just .060 over to give me a Mopar 396. Im wondering did you do anything to the oiling system internally on the engine? Ive read different article but would like to know from someone that put one together.

marshallfry01

I don't think this question has been asked yet but I may have over looked it.  What kind of mpg does a build like this get if it is geared right?  And what would be the total cost for a build like this?  I love that motor!! :cheers:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.