News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 to 402 Edelbrock LA Stroker Build

Started by Beer, July 24, 2005, 05:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikepmcs

You guys should see his Vette!!!  :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

firefighter3931

Excellent post Beer !  :icon_smile_cool:

By far the most comprehensive and detailed writeup i've seen in a long time.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

charger_72_318

i wish u good luck with your new business :icon_smile_wink:

72 Charger hardtop tranny, carb and intake swap
92 Spirit DOHC Gone

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Lostsheep

mikepmcs

No, but we thought the truck was gonna blow up from the heat over the gas tank.

We get a little ridiculous with the burnouts every now and again.

v/r
Mike

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikepmcs

Beer

Thanks Mike I will look into it. I need to stop dicking around with the Vette. Its just easier to do a couple hundred here on something that runs, than save up for the 10K body job.

The car is totally apart now, the Doors glass and hood on on just so the car cover don't sag.  Bonus's at work Dried up too...Chevron used to spoil us, not no more...

I will be in town 15 march for three weeks gimme a call is you come down to Bath-Brunswick!
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Challenger340

That's a GREAT READ  Beer !  Fantastic job you guys did !  Thanks.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

mopar1

Beer

Quote from: mopar1 on August 18, 2007, 09:04:57 PM
That is a quality thread.

The body project is about to get kick started.  :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

BROCK

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Beer

Body should be going in somewhere (still looking for a shop) this Spring...looking to get transmission parts next couple months.

Beer

;D

Progress, in the engine bay at least...so a bump for the old thread...

Before

After

Looking at changing the cam to a Comp Cams 305 w .525 lift, and having the Heads ported, when the car goes back to the body shop Spring 09. Now to find that radiator and to get the new radiator hoses...

Paul G

Are you going to put the AC back together? I see a single pulley alternator. Have you considered a serpentine setup? They look awesome.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Beer

Not planning on putting the A/C back in anytime soon, goal is to get the car back on the road, so A/C is low priority now. Work around is using the 265 A/C as needed (roll down 2 windows and do 65 MPH), plus being in New England the heat is not so bad. The Edelbrock RPM intake does not have the bolt locations for the factory A/C Brackets, to put the A/C in, would probably have to convert to an "Hot rod" style aftermarket A/C setup, this is not out of the question, but its not going to happen over the next couple years.

Going with what I have now, have not considered serpentine system (Serpentine belts work pretty good on the GM stuff I am driving).

Steve P.

Looks great Beer...  I LOVE to see before and after pics. together....  What a transition.. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Beer

Update to the update, got the headers in.  The car will be returning to the body shop in a couple months, so I will pull everything out again. 

Plans are to get the heads ported, and will likely upgrade the cam (So I will have the edelbrock cam/lifter set for sale this spring, been run only on the dyno)...Shooting for 475-500 HP.  As well will probably go with a different carb per the advise from the site :)

Jim

mikepmcs

Beer

Quote from: mikepmcs on December 21, 2008, 12:02:48 PM
Looking great Jim.

Thanks Mike, I will shoot ya a PM and invite ya to the final assembly this Spring/Summer.

Jim

Bandit4142

Looks fantastic!  And thanks for the incredible write-up.   Can't wait to see the future progress. :popcrn:
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

DREDILSKI

JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS FOR THE GREAT THREAD, IT'S SHOWING ME ALL THE WORK I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE. THANKS AGAIN!  :2thumbs:  :cheers:  :popcrn:
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

Beer

Here is a pic of the car...This project going on 5 years now!

Coming home from the body shop  :cheers:

Home finding out what I am missing...i.e Bumper filler top front bumper  :brickwall:

Still in assembly phase on the car now...Interior/tranny are next

Wheels have already been changed out, went with Police wheels.