News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No matter how many times I do it, Glass won't adjust proper

Started by WH23G3G, May 03, 2007, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

On this 73 I can't even think of many hours I've been trying to adjust one window glass. Tonight I had it perfectly aligned with the roof rail weatherstrip, and then I tightened every adjustment bolt up and got out and rolled the window up and down, and then instead of stopping where it was perfectly aligned with the weatherstrip it just keeps going up. No matter what adjusment I make I can never get the back to go down and then have the front even close to be being correct. It's like the up stops aren't stopping the glass from going up anymore. But the up stops don't really seem like they could go bad. It's just piece of metal with a hook on the bottom that stops the track from going up. I can see about where the little hook is when it goes up, it just slides right over the head of the screw holding the track to the glass, but it is the screw that was there. I'm going to quit messing with it. Because of so much adjustments, I've gotten the door out of alignment too. I don't know if it makes a difference in the door and window adjustments, but my car is jacked up pretty high. But even if it does make a difference I don't see how it could make the glass keep going up too high. I've taken basically everything out of the car, from the engine to the suspension and entire dash, and put a lot of it back on, and so far the window adjustment has been the most frustrating part of the whole project. And I still have the driver side door to redo.

onebadmopar

where are you from i own an autoglass company here in alabama... it sounds like you dont have the glass stop adjusted right can youtake a pic of the door so i can see where all the bolts are i maybe able to help you  from looking at the pic

WH23G3G

Well I don't even know that I got close enough to help in picture. It's going too high up about half way across the glass, so as it gets towards the back end of the glass it's going higher and higher. I thought the angle the glass was sitting was off, so I kept moving it back and forth  but that only changed it from being too high in the back and way too high the front, from being just too high in the back. I also pulled the glass back so many times, I've gotten the door out of alignment now. The door on the bottom front sits too close to the fender, so it needs to be raised in the front and pulled forward. So just thinking of what that would do, that seems like it would even make the glass go higher. I've gotten the glass so high adjusted that it goes even with the drip trough on the body. It's all messed up. I'm almost going to pay a glass guy to come and do it. But I gotta get the door aligned again, and the guy that usually helps me is injured, so some how I gotta do it myself. It needs to go forward at the top hinge, and the door needs to go in the opening flush. I'll take a picture, of the glass but I don't think I can post two of them here.

onebadmopar

yeah i would get door aligned first or you,ll chase the problem forever.....one thing you can try is loosen all the bolts in the door just enough were you can roll glass up right where you want it ....close the door...carefully and move the glass from outside where you want ..a glss cup would help with this or some sort of suction cup once youre satisfied its were you want it get in car from otherside and tighten all the bolts if you open the door before youtighten the bolts it will just move  out of allignmet again i had this problem once with a customers 69camaro spent way to long trying to adjust it finally did that procedure and it was right on the money