News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally made it to the states....for a while.

Started by Doc74, July 24, 2005, 09:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc74

Hi all, the people here who know me also know that i'm dating Emily and that i've been trying to move to the states for some time now.
When i bought my charger about a year ago i planned on shipping it here, restore and have fun but a lot has changed and the charger is still waiting for me in Ohio, it's not coming over to Belgium, i'm just going to where the car is  ;D
Now i'm still not there with all the paperwork, some of you may know how hard it is to get a green card but luckily giving up is something i'm not good at.
I just wanted to say that altough it's only for two weeks, i'm here in Michigan now and i can tell you that this is the place i want to be.
I can't thank Troy enough for keeping my car at his place for me but i can make sure that once i'm here permanent, he'll have free bodywork done whenever he wants, i owe him bigtime.
So thank you Troy and thanks to everyone who supported me and still does in this very long road to moving.

Johnny SixPack

When I heard from Tom that you were here I was happy for the both of yah!   :yesnod:

It'd be very cool to meet up with you guys when I'll be near you in Chicago next week, but understand if it doesn't work out. ;D

Either way, congrats on the decision, and I wish you both the best of everything! :cheers:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Telvis

If you guys get married the green card will be easy.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Wakko

Dangit, Troy was just telling me that we were gonna jump your car next week unless you came over the pond.  :(
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Troy

Hey Doc! I see you took time out of your busy schedule to actually post something... :D

I hope everything works out for you. Even though it seems like a never-ending process don't give up. However, keeping Greenpigs from trying to jump that orange car is getting more difficult all the time. :devil:

And Wakko too...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mefirst

I thought we were gonna jump that car into the river.. NOT over the river :image_294343:
I already have a guy who can film it, we are gonna make a real snuff movie about that Charger...

Troy* Did you build the ramp yet? If not, Ill come over so we can get that done... :icon_smile_big:

/Tom

BigBlockSam

i went through the green card process after i married my wife she's israeli. it took a yr. and $1500 to the lawyer. worth every penny. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger4404spd

Hey Doc, glad you got to make the trip. Too bad you cant hang around for the Nats. Im sure one day soon you can come over for good!

Doc74

Thanks for the support guys and yes I will hang in there.
Johnny it would be way cool to meet you, I don't know if we'll have the time though, I'm only here for another 5 days and there's still a lot we got planned but if we can't meet now we'll have to work something out for my next trip, in any case, pm me when you're going to Chicago, maybe we can wing it.
Yes I know Troy, I don't post often, I kinda thought you all liked that  ;D
Telvis we talked about it and if need be we 'may' just do that but not now, we don't like being pushed in this matter but who knows what the future will bring.
Snuff movie....I don't know where to start....bastards....HA
Knowing me I'll probably jump it myself, I don't fear Greenpigs, knowing what a b**ch my ignition lock is I'm sure he couldn't start it to save his life  :icon_smile_big:
Rene if you have any tips for me, any at all, I'd very much appreciate it, as I said, I don't give up but frrom time to time a little boost of confidence is welcome, it is fairly depressing sometimes.
I wish i could stay longer too Steve, heck that's kinda the plan  ;D
Steve, I heard what happened to your furry loved one and I'm very sorry man, if there's anything I can do you let me know.

Charger4404spd

Thanks Doc. Unfortunately, time is the only thing that can help. Its hard when you lose your best friend. I have been through alot in my years, but having my friend put to sleep was the hardest think I have ever did in my life.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

BigBlockSam

hey Doc
if can help you in any way just pm me. get married .  have a party and take alot of pictures. that makes it look legit. then get a lawyer. fake marriages don't have picture albums
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

CB

DOC! you finally made it??
only for 2 weeks huh, too short buddy.
I came over to your house this evening, with my 69 Charger.
Nobody home but now I know why  ;D

Good luck overthere and say hi to Em from me, will ya?
See you
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Silver R/T

who's Emily, good luck getting here, hope youll like it here
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

I've talked to Emily once or twice in the chat room. She's okay for a chick  :icon_smile_big: I think he goy lucky.

dart3404

Hi Doc. Good for you and Emily :cheers:. I hope everything works out for you guys. Hey, did you bring any waffles?  ;)

Johnny SixPack

Doc, will do man. :2thumbs:

Completely understandable if it doesn't work out.   :yesnod:

I know yours is a purpose driven trip, and time is at a premium for you.   ;D

I'll only be there for 2 days, so if it doesn't work out, we'll see what we can't pull off for the next one. :2thumbs:

I've got a reason to make a trip to Royal Oaks, MI, so let me know the next time you'll be here. :cheers:

Johnny

p.s. Best of luck with the green card. My sister went the marriage route so that her husband could stay, and from what I heard from her, I agree completely with Sam.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

4cruzin

Glad to hear you're made it here to Michigan  . . . sounds like it's been awhile!!  Em is really nice and I hope all is good!!  Enjoy the heat! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Chryco Psycho

Em is Awesome , definatly a catch
good luck on th eGreen card let me know if you find a loophole , I have been banging on that door for over 20 years with no luck

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Recharger

Hey Doc!  Haven’t seen you around in a while...  Good to hear you finally made it to the states, I hope "the man" let's you stay for a while.  I’m out in Utah today, but I’ll be back in Chicago tomorrow.  If you make it into town to meet up with Johnny, let me know, I”ll meet up with you guys and buy everyone a few  :cheers:

RD

who needs eharmony.com when the got the dodge charger chat room?  ;D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Doc74

Hey all,

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your support, it really means a lot.
I wish i could meet up with all of you but alas my time here is limited, only two more days before i have to leave and i want to spend that time with my girl, i hope you understand.
I've contacted a lawyer (thanks for the tip Rene) who's specialized in immigration and i will be back asap, this is home now.
RD i couldn't have said it better  ;D

CB

you're making me jealous Doc :yesnod:
hope you had a good stay and have a safe flight back. Enjoy your couple of days overthere!

Keep in touch so when you're back, you can check out my 69, right?
Later
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Doc74

Quote from: CB on July 27, 2005, 08:43:49 AM
you're making me jealous Doc :yesnod:
hope you had a good stay and have a safe flight back. Enjoy your couple of days overthere!

Thanks !!

Keep in touch so when you're back, you can check out my 69, right?
Later

Absolutely

So tell me...how does it feel filling her up?...  :icon_smile_big:

CB

had a few trips around town and a meeting and already spent +$125 on gas  ::)
I removed the titnt on the windows, removed the traction bars and fog lights. I expect to get the door pins next week.

Can you bring back 1 lower 1/4 panel from the states? (for the guy who bought my 68)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Brock Samson

Best wishes for you and Emily, so glad to hear the two of you hooked up!  ;)

DarkAngel0816

I spent the first 13 years of my life in Michigan and I love it there!  It really is a nice place to live.  Good luck with everything!!!!
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone