News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where should i go with this 318

Started by RamCharger0273, May 13, 2007, 07:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamCharger0273

So i got a 73 charger with a 318.  All numbers are matching and has 61000 originall miles.  I have grown up always wanting a charger, now i finally got one and dont know what to do.  Also i am on a tight budget.  I want to keep it original, but i also want to dr. it up quite a bit.  Any suggestions as far as paint and interior would greatly be appreciated.  The 318 is strong but i feel that it needs a top end upgrade; carb, intake, heads, cam, etc. Again tight budget in mind, any direction on parts or possible combinations would be helpfull.  I helped my dad build a 53 Studebaker ground up, and thats my experience, cant recall how to do too much. Please help

moparguy01

Stay with a relatively small cam, no bigger than a .484, go with a dual plane 4 barrel intake and around a 600 cfm edelbrock carb for driveability. then get some decent exhaust put on it, true duals with some more free flowing mufflers, I like the dynomax ultra flows.

Plumcrazy

Stay with one of the smaller dual plane type intakes.   An Edelbrock Performer or a Weiand action+plus would be my choice.
Top it off with a 600 cfm Edelbrock Performer carb.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

BigBlackDodge