News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Dodge Daytona Nose clearances

Started by coryg, May 21, 2007, 12:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coryg

Hello, I am new to this board.  Right now I have a 69 Dodge Daytona at the body shop as I am having the original metal nose put back on the car as someone put a fiberglass nose on during its lifetime.  The body guy asked me to try to track down the factory clearances (Spacing) between the nose and fender.  Does anyone on here know this?  I spent half the day trying to track it down with no luck.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks
-Cory

daytonalo

Do you have the correct fender to nose seals ? Just bring nose back to around 1/2 -3/4 gap and tighten when seal looks and fits well . Keep in mind they fit like shit when they left Creative ind . I think they used Jerry's kids to install when new .  Is the fiberglass nose for sale ? Larry

coryg

Does the nose step inward a bit from the sides, or does it sit flush? 
-Cory

Aero426

1/2" gap is too narrow.   Closer to one inch is what you want.   I can meaure mine.  The nose sits flush with the fenders.     

Aero426

Just measured my car and it is pretty much a 3/4" gap.   plus or minus 1/8" from there and you are 'bout right.