News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who do you look up to?

Started by 70charger_boy, May 18, 2007, 08:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Everyday Heros.  :yesnod: :angel: :icon_smile_wink:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 18, 2007, 09:17:53 PM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on May 18, 2007, 09:08:48 PM
My parents came here in 1963 with a 6 month old baby. They spoke no English. Through hard work, they raised a family of 3, put us all through college and retired early.

They live the American dream.

where you guys came from?
Poland.
my father worked construction and later became a pipefitter. My mom worked at a textile mill as an inspector.

BB1

Holland,
After WWII and after spending time at a Nazi prisoner camp that almost killed him, my dad came to America with no money and only knowing a few words in English, like yes and no.

He made a good life and had many friends and 2 kids. He worked as a piano tech for 50 years, owned his own business married to my mother since 1961.

My mother bought my first car... a 69 Dodge Charger for $500. in 1983.

He is getting Alzheimer and will turn 82 in a week.
Delete my profile

dkn1997

Quote from: BB1 on May 20, 2007, 09:44:47 AM
Holland,
After WWII and after spending time at a Nazi prisoner camp that almost killed him, my dad came to America with no money and only knowing a few words in English, like yes and no.

He made a good life and had many friends and 2 kids. He worked as a piano tech for 50 years, owned his own business married to my mother since 1961.

My mother bought my first car... a 69 Dodge Charger for $500. in 1983.

He is getting Alzheimer and will turn 82 in a week.

It's called putting in your time on the bottom of the shitheap.  if more people did that, we would all be in better shape..  This guy did it and led a productive life.  it's guys like him who we should hold up as heroes
RECHRGED

no318

I agree with you on that one!!!

BB1

Thanks, I'm just a bit off the old block myself.

Happy Birthday Dad! :2thumbs:

Never forget.  :patriot:
Delete my profile

Vainglory, Esq.

Whom do I look up to?  Those who know the difference between who and whom.

Seriously though, my grandfather came over from Holland after WWII knowing almost no English.  He had to hide his father in the attic so he wouldn't be conscripted, but he was only about 17 when the war ended.  Talk about your rough childhood.  He used the GI bill to go through law school (I'm coincidentally going to his alma mater right now) and built a life for his family.  Never terribly fancy, but certainly better than the occupation...

73-charger-383

i look up to that dude with the handicapped son who runs marathons and stuff with him........the name slips my mind right now, but that guy is my hero ..........

73-charger-383

and to the mayo clinic heart surgery team that saved my son.........(at three, he's a wildman already)

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:

Leonardo DI vinci
jimi Hendrix
Saint Francis de Assisi
Kelly Johnson
Mohammad Ali
lance armstrong
Troy our fearless peerless leader
Brock Samson
Cody the "golden child" and self professed google master  :icon_smile_wink:
T.O. who actually is the future of the hobby
Scarlett Johansson (I wish)   :-\
Pappy Boyington
Parnelli Jones
Bruce Mclaren
Chris G cause he's perfect
Silver 68 cause I'm in awe of his opinion of himself
Kenny aka  Kabb69440 cause he's not afraid to do it his way and all alone too
Oldmoparts cause of his fashion sense
Jules Verne
A Duntov
Peter Griffin
Sugar Ray Leonard
Sly Stone
Joe Houts my Grand Father
Jimmy Carter
Joseph Campbell
Kenneth Patchen look him up
Richard Petty
Christian the Fifth
Dwight D Eisenhower
Eleanor Roosevelt
Vincent Van Gough
   these are but a few.

Chris G.

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 21, 2007, 09:23:44 AM

I can finally use this smilie when I am quoting Brock---> :iagree:  

:-* :P

70charger_boy

Brock, for once we agree on something

JIMI HENDRIX RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orange_Crush

You know, I keep thinking about it and maybe there are a few folks that I greatly admire.

-Aron Ralston (look it up...the toughest son of a bitch ever to be pushed out of a birth canal)
-Lance Armstrong
-Bono (Using his fame to actually ease the suffering of millions instead of just talking aout it)
-Warren Buffet (Giving away 80% of his fortune to do the same thing)
-Mother Theresa for spending her life amid filth and pestilence easing the individual suffering of people so poor that our percepion of poor does not even apply to it.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Ponch ®

I look up to Rocco Siffredi and the dude that invented ATM.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

skip68

Who do I look up to?  .......EVERYBODY!!!! I'm only 5'3" tall!!!  :rofl: Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brock Samson

Quote from: Chris G. on May 21, 2007, 09:27:09 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on May 21, 2007, 09:23:44 AM

I can finally use this smilie when I am quoting Brock---> :iagree:  

:-* :P

sorry man it's the other chris...  :-\

Chris G.

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 21, 2007, 04:47:18 PM
sorry man it's the other chris...  :-\

Now that hurt.  :'( Even though we both know you meant me.  :-*

dkn1997

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 21, 2007, 03:25:37 PM
I look up to Rocco Siffredi and the dude that invented ATM.

Would not want to smell what that rock is cooking....
RECHRGED

71ChallengeHer

My surgeon. He worked many hours to save my life. The Orthopedic surgeons told me any other Doctor would have sewed me up and let me die. He won't give up on me. I was in surgery from 3:30 pm to 2:00 am. My heart stopped 3 times. And he never gave up on me. Then when the car insurance tried to screw him . He wrote my bill off and told me to have a great life. Plus he saw me the whole time I was pregnant with Shelby and never charged me a penny. Dr. Scott is my hero.

dkn1997

sounds like good people to me.
RECHRGED

70charger_boy

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on May 21, 2007, 07:07:12 PM
My surgeon. He worked many hours to save my life. The Orthopedic surgeons told me any other Doctor would have sewed me up and let me die. He won't give up on me. I was in surgery from 3:30 pm to 2:00 am. My heart stopped 3 times. And he never gave up on me. Then when the car insurance tried to screw him . He wrote my bill off and told me to have a great life. Plus he saw me the whole time I was pregnant with Shelby and never charged me a penny. Dr. Scott is my hero.

I look up to Dr Scott for keeping you on this earth and gracing us on DC.Com with your hotness :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

Holy crap, that's quite a guy! :o

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

That's Awsome!!!  :yesnod:
wow!

o.k. some more..

C.C. Myers http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/21/BAGHLPUTLK3.DTL
Miss Piggy
Michaelangelo
all thoise kids in the Great American Spelling Bee  :-\
Kid Chocolote
Mark Twain
All the Astronauts and Cosmonauts  :yesnod: even the dippy one in the diaper  :icon_smile_wink:
Stanley Kubrick
Charles Mingus
Enzo Ferrari
Ceasar Chavez
Fidel Castro
A.J. Foyt
Joe Strummer
Bill Lazwell
Amilia Airhardt  :P
JRR Tolkien
Anyone who's ever adopted a child or taken in a stray anything
Anyone who's ever stepped into the line of fire or a burning building or swam to rescue
Stephen Foster
Gene Wilder
Too Short
James A Michener
William Manchester
Harley Earl
red adair
Dr. Bob and Bill Wilson  :icon_smile_wink:

moparguy01

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 21, 2007, 08:22:40 PM
That's Awsome!!!  :yesnod:
wow!

o.k. some more..

C.C. Myers http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/21/BAGHLPUTLK3.DTL
Miss Piggy
Michaelangelo
all thoise kids in the Great American Spelling Bee  :-\
Kid Chocolote
Mark Twain
All the Astronauts and Cosmonauts  :yesnod: even the dippy one in the diaper  :icon_smile_wink:
Stanley Kubrick
Charles Mingus
Enzo Ferrari
Ceasar Chavez
Fidel Castro
A.J. Foyt
Joe Strummer
Bill Lazwell
Amilia Airhardt  :P
JRR Tolkien
Anyone who's ever adopted a child or taken in a stray anything
Anyone who's ever stepped into the line of fire or a burning building or swam to rescue
Stephen Foster
Gene Wilder
Too Short
James A Michener
William Manchester
Harley Earl
red adair
Dr. Bob and Bill Wilson  :icon_smile_wink:

I feel so unloved.  :'(

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 70charger_boy on May 21, 2007, 07:20:45 PM

I look up to Dr Scott for keeping you on this earth and gracing us on DC.Com with your hotness :2thumbs:
Thank you very much. :notworthy: