News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

installing tic toc tac

Started by oldsnofear, May 20, 2007, 12:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsnofear

Hey I want to put in a tac in my 69 charger with the rally dash it only has the clock now year one sells the tac and a wiring harness for it. Has anyone done this? and will it work with my msd ignition? thanks shawn

COKE

You will need an adapter for the MSD ignition.
Summit ,Mancini etc have them for around $40.

About the repro gauges,i have read around here that they are not very well accurated,at least the one that Charger Specialties sells.

I going to rebuild my original one with the parts that RT-eng sells.Also with the Clock quartz conversion.
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

RDR-838

Can you convert the clock with a kit, or must you send it away?

COKE

Yo have both options.
They sell the kit,but also can do the work for you if you prefer.

http://rt-eng.com/mediawiki/index.php/RTE_B_Body_Parts#Clock_Repair_Kits_.26_Parts
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

Rolling_Thunder

installing a TicTocTac is really a piece of cake...     put one in my boss's superbird a while ago...      it wont be accurate with your MSD box...     need the adapter.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

Quote from: COKE on May 20, 2007, 04:19:32 AMAbout the repro gauges,i have read around here that they are not very well accurated,at least the one that Charger Specialties sells.

The original ones from Chrysler weren't too accurate either.

blue69

I didn't notice a change in readings on my tic-toc-tach from when it when I had a orange box to a mallory hyfire VI with a msd tach adapter. I suggest mounting the adapter far away from you because it is noisy.