News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 hemi question

Started by 01MOPAR, May 24, 2007, 03:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01MOPAR

what is a 1968 426 hemi worth. I found one thatsĀ  complete in running condition for $5k . I might buy it if i could turn a few bucks on the deal.

Daytona R/T SE

Wanna double your money ?

Rolling_Thunder

I dont know about doubling your money - but you can definately turn a profit with that...       my boss found a race hemi for $5000...    complete minus carbs and accessories- - -   It was a 14.5:1 compression engine with a solid roller 320/320 cam that peaked at around .810 lift    totally unstreetable...     pistons, belt drive, oil system, and other odds and ends were sold and he offset the cost of new parts.  coolest part of the engine ?  A ported and heavily worked magnesium cross-ram intake....      :D   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

FJMG

Any Vin #'s on that motor???

01MOPAR

not yet he just told me about his motor ,I'll go look at it in a few days and get the numbers off it.

Wango Mango

My bro paid $10, 500 for his pristine, standard bore, sonic tested 68 block w/ a pair of 68 heads, 69 carbs.  I've got a  71 Direct Connection block (no VIN stampings), newly done w/ 10.25 JE, stock eliminator rods, Mopar forged crank, solid cam, all balenced, line honed, bored .030 & all balanced & ready to go.  I'll probably put it on ebay or advertise it for around $15-20?   havent decided yet.   The point is, if your hemi checks out standard bore & original, complete w/ cheads, arbs, etc it should be worth IMO, $15K +