News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for info on Bird #167085

Started by mopar4ya, November 27, 2013, 07:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar4ya

Trying to find some history on this EV2, white bench seat,440- 4 speed Superbird number 167085.  I purchased this car in 1982 from Ray Nadar in Sheakleyville PA.  At that time Ray had 4 Superbirds, and has since sold them all off.  The information I was given on this car was that it had been from Ohio ( I will assume the north eastern part? )  and owned by a junk / salvage yard.  Ray bought the car from them as a rolling body, broken wing, no nose cone and missing the complete drive train.  I was told the owner of the junk yard had fixed the car up for his son, and that the son wrecked the car, rolling it over onto its roof.  When I bought the car it still had the fender tag, but no seats so I have no B/C sheet.  I am hoping maybe someone out there can remember seeing or hearing  something about this car.  I would really like to find the drive train and B/C sheet and have some of the back history on this car.  Is there a shipping list on the Superbirds that shows the dealer that sold them??   

Thanks  
 Dan :cheers:      

mopar4ya

Not a good picture of the car, but thought maybe it would jog someone's memory.  The roof took the blunt of the roll and has since been replaced. This was not a rusty car.  I don't know what shape the front fenders or cone were in, but I am guessing they were usable since they were gone.  I also acquired the hood later on from this car that only had a small ding at the front corner.  I have to think someone bought a lot of good usable parts off this car, and would bet most of them all went to the same buyer. Anyone??????

Thanks

Redbird

Your car was the 641st Superbird shipped from Lynch Road to Clairpointe for additional conversion parts for required to be a Superbird. It arrived at Clairpointe on 11/20/1969 and left Clairpointe on 11/21/1969. This information is from the Nascar 1920 list. There is no information from Chrysler as to what dealer it went to. The fender tag will confirm the white interior as opposed to black upper door paint on your picture.

A white interior on a EV2 car is relatively rare.

Best of luck.

mopar4ya

The interior code on the tag is H2XW  EW1.  Thanks for the information.

Dan  :cheers:

Redbird

I corrected the dates on my upper posting.

Partial serial number should be on area below trunk seal area, drivers side.

50/50 if partial serial # is on radiator support.

graybo

I live just south of Mr. Nadar and have spoken with him.  I have been told that he sold a boat load of Superbird parts to the owner of Knox Auto parts in Knox,PA( which is just west of Clarion,PA.   I can do some homework if you want.  Just let me know.  Good Luck , John :popcrn:

62 Max

Quote from: graybo on December 03, 2013, 10:40:10 PM
I live just south of Mr. Nadar and have spoken with him.  I have been told that he sold a boat load of Superbird parts to the owner of Knox Auto parts in Knox,PA( which is just west of Clarion,PA.   I can do some homework if you want.  Just let me know.  Good Luck , John :popcrn:

I wonder who that may be ! :scratchchin:

mopar4ya

Thanks John, that person would be me.

mopar4ya

Quote from: 62 Max on December 03, 2013, 11:01:42 PM

I wonder who that may be ! :scratchchin:

:scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:  Bill, I can't believe with all your contacts you can't dig up some good dirt on this old wounded bird :icon_smile_big:

mopar4ya

BTT for the holiday visitors. Happy Holidays!!