News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 500 on Ebay

Started by 69_500, June 05, 2007, 04:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Not in the least. Just mentioning what I've gathered about the car. So that if someone does want it, they are informed.

BigBlockSam

QuoteJust mentioning what I've gathered about the car 

thank you ,
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

$65,000 bucks!! :o  Holy Crap!!!!    I hope he gets its..

I told my neighbor $75k for mine the way it sits, and he said i've been watching too much barret jackson. :rofl:  i said, no really, if i had to replace this car i would need $75k... :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: 69_500 on June 07, 2007, 05:45:52 PM
Just a bit of warning on the car. It is missing the rear window trim, but those can be found but are a bit pricey. Just a heads up. The car is not numbers matching, and he isn't sure if the transmission matches. The car is also F8 green from the factory. Not sure if that changes anyones mind or not, but it is not a B5 blue car from the factory. It was F8 green, 440 4 speed car. Which it is a 4 speed, which is what I want, just not in F8 green. Also heads up, the seller is under the impression he is going to get in the neighborhood of $65-70K for the car as it sits now. I'm not sure what his reserve is, but he says he has been offered $50K for the car and turned it down as he thinks he can get more. He asked me what I would offer him, and I said not half of what you turned down. Just my opinion. It will be a nice car when done, just not worth what he is asking, if you ask me.

Ok who's dumber...the guy who offered $50k or the guy who turned it down :scratchchin: :rofl:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

QuoteOk who's dumber...the guy who offered $50k or the guy who turned it down   

:rofl: :rofl:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69_500

Who is dumber? I'm going to say the one who turned it down. The one who offered it, just probably has money to burn, if there was even really anyone who offered it. I mean heck, $75K and I'd seriously think about watching my car drive out of my drive way. That is a lot of money to a person like me.

BigBlockSam

QuoteThat is a lot of money to a person like me. 

:yesnod:  me too

69_500

Are you and your wife still trying to sell that house to get a Superbird?

BigBlockSam

QuoteAre you and your wife still trying to sell that house to get a Superbird? 

we tried to sell the house but with this market everybody was low balling us. so we're gonna stick it out here for a couple of years  . till we can get our price .
if i can get my price, i can build my dream house with my big garage and plus a superbird project. it looks like it's gonna take longer than i thought.  :rotz:

Ghoste

On the bright side, if the housing market is soft, musclecar prices should be coming down too, right?

BigBlockSam

Quoteif the housing market is soft, musclecar prices should be coming down too, right? 

:yesnod:   if history does repeat it's self .they will . they've come down a little but not enough for me to afford a bird. Rene

Ghoste

Nor I a 500.  Eventually though...

BigBlockSam

hey
i'm not bidding on this car . now the guy says the frame rails need work. what else isn't he saying. not crazy about the factory color either . Rene

69_500

I'm not too crazy about an F8 green car either, when I thought it was a B5 blue, car I was definately more interested. the more problems he started talking about on the phone with the car, the less and less I wanted to continue to bid on it as well.

Ghoste

I like the F8.  I agree B5 is better but the F8 has always been appealing to me in a sick kind of way.

PocketThunder

what, you guys dont care for F8?  www.69hemi.com 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

To be honest, no I don't. I know that car is beautiful, but I still don't care for the color. I'm more of a red man myself.

70charger_boy

Quote from: 69_500 on June 11, 2007, 05:31:52 PM
To be honest, no I don't. I know that car is beautiful, but I still don't care for the color. I'm more of a red man myself.

Is that why f8 green is rare, because nobody likes it?

Carl1

There were more F8 than any other for the C500. Or is that your tongue planted firmly in your cheek?

70charger_boy

Quote from: Carl1 on June 11, 2007, 07:02:27 PM
There were more F8 than any other for the C500. Or is that your tongue planted firmly in your cheek?

:whistling: :leaving:

69_500

I really don't know if there are more F8 green 500's than any other color, as I have information on 33 F8 green Charger 500's, and 37 R4 red cars. However those are the two most popular colors that I've came accross. Next closest color is B5 blue with 16. Then T5 and Y2 both with 10. Nothing else over 10 that I know of anyways.

PocketThunder

So $24,000 is what "the market" was willing to bear for that car right now..   :-\

Maybe I should make a call to Haggerty and raise my coverage up from $16k.. :scratchchin:

69_500

Ah but remember accroding to the seller, it was worth no less  than $50K.  :lol:  :lol:

I'd say that around the $24K still seems high to me. Call me out of date or not, but I don't personally see that car as more than a $15-18K car. That is just my thoughts.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on June 14, 2007, 06:17:21 PM
Ah but remember accroding to the seller, it was worth no less  than $50K.  :lol:  :lol:

I'd say that around the $24K still seems high to me. Call me out of date or not, but I don't personally see that car as more than a $15-18K car. That is just my thoughts.

You're out of date!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:                      :cheers:

BigBlockSam

without any frame rail issues. i would pay $24000 for it. Rene