News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 hp fuel pump

Started by charger01, July 24, 2005, 12:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

My 69 charger has a 69 440hp motor, and Iam running the 3/8 fuel line with the return line.  Where do you guys suggest getting a fuel pump for this setup. My motor is pretty much a stock rebuild with headers and alum. intake.  Looking for a stock fuel pump that will accept the 3/8 fuel line.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Just 6T9 CHGR

The stock pump does have a 3/8" inlet but a rubber hose barbed type inlet not a metal threaded fitting inlet.

The rubber hose connects to the main 3/8" line off the framerail to the pump.   Then there is a metal 5/16" line out of the pump to the vapor seperator connected with a rubber hose.  Then 5/16" out of the seperator to the carb.

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger01

The fuel pump I have has a 5/16 inlet.  Is there a difference in the 440 hp models?  If I wouldnt of changed my fuel lines to the 3/8 I guess I wouldnt have a problem here, now Iam stumped.

Chryco Psycho

you can use 5/16 line & stretch it over the 3/8 line or you can get a Holley or Carter HV mech fuel pump & install 3/8 " line barb into the pump

Just 6T9 CHGR

Heres how I have it on my car.....please excuse the "incorrect" worm clamps on some of the lines ::)...the correct crimp clamp is on the 3/8" line ;D
Its a Carter Hemi style street pump
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Then here is the 5/16" line to my Holley  (purchased from Fabulous Fabrications)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T