News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Led Zeppelin

Started by ck1, June 09, 2007, 06:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Thanks ponch for posting those Vids.

Quote from: ck1 on August 16, 2007, 04:01:34 PM
Boy, for some reason I was thinking for I don't know why, "maybe I need to get my head check" LOL that coverband was like a opening band for a bigger venue....................

a "venue" is where you play...
                "covers" are songs originally recorded or made popular by other performers...
                IE: Hendrix first single Hey Joe was originally done by Billy Roberts... *
                "Samples" are actual snippits of recordings used to underlay remixes often used in hip hop or raps.
                these are very common with todays "performers" who often don't play any instrument and simply use previously
                recorded tracks as a vehicle to vocalise over.

there's a loooooooooooooong long history in art of using popular (or even unknown) predecessors as a template for embellishment.

We had a original song called "Black Man" which used some licks from James Brown, Sly and the Family Stone and "Summer in the City ( Orig. written by Sebastian/Boone & later covered by the Lovin' Spoonfull). We never credited the original artists, even on the liner notes but everyone recognised the licks and we got only positive comments. Folks recognised the fact we blended the three pieces togeather but never accused us of stealing...

BTW: seven notes is the limit of notes you can "borrow" before it's considered "stealing" or Plagiarism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Joe

ck1

WOW! no one has posted from the lastest news?  I think I would see then if they really do tour just for the om-age factor................ and maybe Logan can join them and sing.....................
CJK

4forty

CNN REPORT: Led Zeppelin reforming for concert

Singer Robert Plant, 59, last week hinted that the band were reforming when a fan asked him about the possibility of a performance.
He replied: "How did you know about that?", the British Press Association reported.
The three surviving original band members -- Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones -- are said to be planning a concert at the O2 Arena in November, organized by promoter Harvey Goldsmith.

It would coincide with a new "Best Of Led Zeppelin" CD due to be released that month.
It is believed a tour could follow if the concert is successful.
The band broke up in 1980 when drummer John Bonham died after a drinking binge.
His son, Jason, is expected to join the band on stage.

Led Zeppelin have sold around 200 million albums, including more than 100 million in the US.

Why not... one more time!!!  Love Zep

hemihead

If the Stones can do it, Zep will do it better.   :2thumbs:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Ghoste

They are indeed to a one time show as a part of Atlantic Records tribute to Ahmet Ertegun.  Jason Bonham will be on drums and applications began yesterday for tickets.  Lucky lottery winners will be informed on October 1st that they may purchase 250 dollar tickets.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Ghoste on September 13, 2007, 04:42:30 AM
They are indeed to a one time show as a part of Atlantic Records tribute to Ahmet Ertegun.  Jason Bonham will be on drums and applications began yesterday for tickets.  Lucky lottery winners will be informed on October 1st that they may purchase 250 dollar tickets.
The Cream reunion shows at RAH were billed the same way.

Then the MSG shows were announced.

You never know.

ck1

What I think is amazing about this band is that for every album they put out,  they had songs in the top 10,  with out every releasing a single and the only band to ever do it..............great cover band too..........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUgplsZxdXk
CJK

4cruzin

I understand that 2 million people registered already for tickets to the show.  Gonna need more chairs!   :eek2:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Jon Smith

ck1

Page, Jones and Bonham are gonna need hair extintions to pull it off................... they need face lifts too.................Plant needs some tuning lessons on his singing, he did it after his car accident, wouldn't  hurt now either....................
CJK

ck1

Well with their age what songs you think they can pull off?  I know people are gonna want to hear there favorites but thats just not real anymore with Bobs voice waning at age of 59, but I think they can pull off this song..............aaahhhh KNEBWORTH.........can't get any better than that or can they? call it 30 years gone........................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08Jd9AP1YI&mode=related&search=
CJK

BMOTOXSTAR

Do any of you guys have tickets to the reunion show in England? That is going to be amazing. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on September 21, 2007, 11:54:03 PM
Do any of you guys have tickets to the reunion show in England? That is going to be amazing. :2thumbs:

You have to "win" a lottery to be able to purchase the tickets at around $250 each.     Last I heard over 2 million people entered.  Transportation / lodging is your problem also.
http://ledzeppelin.com/
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

And the lottery winners won't be notified until October 1.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 17, 2007, 10:28:22 AM
Thanks ponch for posting those Vids.

Quote from: ck1 on August 16, 2007, 04:01:34 PM
Boy, for some reason I was thinking for I don't know why, "maybe I need to get my head check" LOL that coverband was like a opening band for a bigger venue....................

a "venue" is where you play...
                "covers" are songs originally recorded or made popular by other performers...
                IE: Hendrix first single Hey Joe was originally done by Billy Roberts... *
                "Samples" are actual snippits of recordings used to underlay remixes often used in hip hop or raps.
                these are very common with todays "performers" who often don't play any instrument and simply use previously
                recorded tracks as a vehicle to vocalise over.

there's a loooooooooooooong long history in art of using popular (or even unknown) predecessors as a template for embellishment.

We had a original song called "Black Man" which used some licks from James Brown, Sly and the Family Stone and "Summer in the City ( Orig. written by Sebastian/Boone & later covered by the Lovin' Spoonfull). We never credited the original artists, even on the liner notes but everyone recognised the licks and we got only positive comments. Folks recognised the fact we blended the three pieces togeather but never accused us of stealing...

BTW: seven notes is the limit of notes you can "borrow" before it's considered "stealing" or Plagiarism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Joe

Its older than you think.  Even back to the days of baroque music, one artist would do "variations" on another artist's work.

The difference, however, was that those composers had their own, original body of work.  With Zeppelin, it seems that their entire library consists of ripping off someone else's music and making it more friendly to the masses.

I went through a Led Zeppelin phase in high school and early college and then, I was introduced to guys like Robert Johnson, howlin wolf, and buddy waters and it was like I had been listening to green day all my life and then suddenly found a Black Flag album.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

ck1

who's buddy waters? never herd of him..........................................
CJK

ck1

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 22, 2007, 06:02:11 AM
Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on September 21, 2007, 11:54:03 PM

You have to "win" a lottery to be able to purchase the tickets at around $250 each.     Last I heard over 2 million people entered.  Transportation / lodging is your problem also.
http://ledzeppelin.com/
120 million hits for tickets in a 24 hour period, 24 thousand hits per minute with 25 million registered for the lottery...................
CJK

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: ck1 on September 22, 2007, 11:36:43 AM
who's buddy waters? never herd of him..........................................

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :slap: :smilielol:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

ck1

I know he meant Muddy Waters I'm just giving him a bad time and no one would have known those blues and soul bands existed unless Heavy Airship wouldn't have improved there songs in a rock and roll heavy way, making those bands even more popular then they would have been...........
CJK

ck1

December 10 and I entered to win to see them but i don't have a passport  :icon_smile_angry:
CJK

nh_mopar_fan

I've got Dread Zeppelin going on the cd player right now.

hemihead

Quote from: ck1 on September 21, 2007, 11:52:28 PM
Well with their age what songs you think they can pull off?  I know people are gonna want to hear there favorites but thats just not real anymore with Bobs voice waning at age of 59, but I think they can pull off this song..............aaahhhh KNEBWORTH.........can't get any better than that or can they? call it 30 years gone........................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08Jd9AP1YI&mode=related&search=
Can't be any worse than The Rolling Stones with big lips Jagger strutting his Depends onstage.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: hemihead on November 09, 2007, 09:36:38 AM
Quote from: ck1 on September 21, 2007, 11:52:28 PM
Can't be any worse than The Rolling Stones with big lips Jagger strutting his Depends onstage.
Plant's voice is toast.

Jagger actually still sound pretty good.

Old Moparz

Robert Plant just put out an album with Alison Krausse that I've been hearing on Sirius satellite. It sounds really good to me, but if you're a harcore Led Zep fan, you may not like it. It's very different from any Led Zep recording. If you haven't heard of Alison Krauss before, she's a bluegrass singer that plays fiddle. Very easy on the eyes too.   :D

Alison Krauss and Robert Plant Duet for Raising Sand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5KF4dKq-6I
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

The70RT

I seen them way back when "in through the out door" came out on an 8 track.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us