News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LIVE Broadcast of the '57 Belvedere!*Update*Winner Found

Started by Skued, June 11, 2007, 07:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

They said that the engine was drained of fluids and filled with oil if I remember correctly...
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

PocketThunder

Quote from: Lee01 on June 14, 2007, 07:44:06 PM
????Hot rod builder Boyd Coddington from cable's "American Hot Rod" came to Tulsa to take a look. He will get a chance to clean up the car between the Friday unearthing at noon, and our live special Friday night at 7.???

:o  What a shame!!!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

71ChallengeHer

????Hot rod builder Boyd Coddington from cable's "American Hot Rod" came to Tulsa to take a look. He will get a chance to clean up the car between the Friday unearthing at noon, and our live special Friday night at 7.???
Ya think Boyd can get that car cleaned up in 7 hrs ?  I bet he doesn't lift a finger cleaning it.

whitehatspecial

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 14, 2007, 09:01:52 PM
Ya think Boyd can get that car cleaned up in 7 hrs ?  I bet he doesn't lift a finger cleaning it.

And get his Hawiian shirt and sandals dirty? I don't think so.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

TUFCAT

I don't think he knows which end of a screwdriver to use anymore...... in fact, he probably couldn't tell the difference between axle lube and "Just for Men" Beard dye   :smilielol: - - Unfortunately, he still knows how to count money and give orders like a MoFo.

twenty mike mike

beedees

Quote from: whitehatspecial on June 14, 2007, 09:08:37 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 14, 2007, 09:01:52 PM

And get his Hawiian shirt and sandals dirty? I don't think so.
Seems to be a serious lack of respect for B. Cloddington here. Anybody know why? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

JimShine

There is obviously air in the container. The sign that used to advertise the concrete company rotted to nothing. Much of the debris you see on the car is crap that floated to the top and settled back down as the water level dropped. It is obvious this container failed most likely right away. The tear in the bag says the rest of the car is gone. The treatments put on the car are meant to preserve them from dampness. Submersion just washes it away.

The70RT

Quote from: JimShine on June 14, 2007, 10:41:40 PM
There is obviously air in the container. The sign that used to advertise the concrete company rotted to nothing. Much of the debris you see on the car is crap that floated to the top and settled back down as the water level dropped. It is obvious this container failed most likely right away. The tear in the bag says the rest of the car is gone. The treatments put on the car are meant to preserve them from dampness. Submersion just washes it away.

:'(
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Zentelis

After the car is unearthed, a 67 year old guy will come running up and say
"Hey, boss! I finally found that rubber plug for the vault! It took me 50 years, but I found it!.... uh-oh"

Charger1973

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on June 14, 2007, 07:48:46 PM
Quote from: 1BAD68 on June 14, 2007, 07:05:56 PM
motor is probably stuck but I'm still thinking it will be rust free due to no oxygen in the vault.

Water is part oxygen.  So if what got in there, so did air-oxygen.   The said the car was coated in a chemical before it was lowered to preserve metal in the event of moisture.  But I think the moisture they prepared the car for was more just condensation, not submerged in water. :brickwall: :brickwall:   

Like mentioned above. It would be really great time for Dodge to step in and give away a new car :2thumbs:  Pluse donate another to be "re-sealed for another 50 years!!  Redo the vault to todays standards and lets see what the next car looks like in 50 years!!  :2thumbs:     

Yeah we could bury a new Charger this time.  That way in 50 years we can laugh at it again.   :smilielol:  :slap:

Mike DC

Man, in another 50 years people are still gonna want a '69 Charger a lot more than the '06.

(But by then, our descendants will probably wish we'd also sealed about 10,000 gallons of gasoline in the bunker with it so they could actually try driving it.)

Drache

We wouldn't need to remake the bunker... there is so much plastic in vehicles today what is left to rust? Course with today's electronics in vehicles you wash your car and it's getting written off for water damage!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Skued

Keep an eye on KOTV.com today.  Web cast of the removal (12:00pm cst.) and the revel of the car and contents (7:00pm cst.).
I'll be back later tonight with hopefully some great pictures of both '57 and the car show. :woohoo: 
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Ghoste

I suppose if nothing else, they're all having a great party, right?

oldkimmer

I was so hoping this plymouth didnt have a watery grave, as for a prestine car to be unveiled would have been 1 of the greatest days in automotive history..........Hopefully it can be restored..........kim..................
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magnumcharger

Gee....I think it looks pretty good, considering! :lol:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

70charger_boy

dodgecharger-fan

:rofl:

No, that's another 57 that they did some test lifts with. They wanted to be sure they knew how the cradle worked and that the crane would perform as expected.

Skued

Here are few pictures I took downtown this morning.  More to come to night. :2thumbs:

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Skued

Charger_Fan

A Fury/Belvedere with a shaker! :smilielol:
Boy, there's a lot of neat 4-wheeled eye candy to scope out for this event. :thumbs:

Do you guys usually get this much rain this time of year?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lee01

anyone as a good internet live site beside kotv... I don't nothing? and I don't fiond anything on TV :brickwall:
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

Nacho-RT74

KILLER... one of my dreams car... just need to be convert and two tones to get it completely my dream.. well and Custom Royal instead Coronet, even I'm not really sure about differences on packages
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html