News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 Headlights

Started by Carl1, June 23, 2007, 02:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

OK so should MOST of the Mopar lineup wear GE's?  did chrysler buy the headlights for creative for the daytonas?  superbirds that I've seen have Westinghouse bulbs (the petty car has 3 out of 4, as does Steve Kay's, and a number of other cars I've seen.  who do you suppose bought them?

maxwellwedge

Hey Pettybird.
I was just saying GE is the big majority of what me and others have seen, then Westinghouse and the odd Tung-Sol. If the Petty car has 3 of 4 Westinghouse with good dates then I think that is cool. Excellent question on if Ma Mopar sent Creative lamps. They had to come from somewhere. Hmmm - I should check my Bird. Both of my 'Tona's have all GE.
Jim

After thinking for a  minute or 10 ....Didn't the cars ship with headlights in them? I can see some in the pics. The Daytona's anyway.

pettybird

they did...wonder if Creative repurposed them?

'birds didn't as they were shipped incomplete to Clairpointe.  Creative supplied the noses whole for them. 

if you could check the bulbs that would be cool.

maxwellwedge

I think Creative did re-use the lamps judging by other stuff they did on these cars. For instance - On the Daytona, every fender j-nut (u-nut?) is a different color - white, orange, green, red etc. They yanked the ones off the '69 Charger fenders, threw them in a box and then re-used them on the modded '70 fenders! I have checked with Roger Gibson on what he has seen on original cars and he has seen the different colored j-nuts as well. Take a look up in the wheel well to where the fender bolts protrude along the top if you car is original.

Heck, if they went to the trouble of saving them off the old fenders, they must have cherished the headlamps!

69_500

So far I can't find any pictures of a westinghouse headlight. I know I have seen them in multiple cars, but for some reason can't find the pictures today. The Daytona's were shipped with headlights from the factory to Creative, and I'd venture to guess they just pulled them out put them in a huge pile, then used them again. Chances are you could have an original set with multiple date codes on them. Depending on how big/large the pile of lights would be at a given time.