News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So a Hemi for my C500 arrived today........ Updates on page 8

Started by PocketThunder, June 24, 2007, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

One advantage of having that thing move under it's own power is that the road vibrations will help dislodge some of the hard to reach rust...you know, helping cut down on resto time later on. ;D

Don't forget to post up the burnout pics when you get done! :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 30, 2007, 04:13:07 PM
One advantage of having that thing move under it's own power is that the road vibrations will help dislodge some of the hard to reach rust...you know, helping cut down on resto time later on. ;D

Don't forget to post up the burnout pics when you get done! :D

You aint a kidding either.  When i was under the car it was snowing rust dust evertime i made a move.

Here are more pictures from today.   :2thumbs:  Board members here to help were Timmy (Timmy, orange shirt), General_01 (Dean, black shirt), Coolmite (Timm, gray shirt, black hat), Tipopiola (Chris, button up shirt), and the lone Chevy guy, Jeff.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

:cheers:    :cheers:    :cheers:    :cheers:   :cheers:     :cheers:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

:METAL:  ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :METAL:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0-VBxMr1js

timmy

timmy

PocketThunder

Quote from: timmy on June 30, 2007, 10:53:08 PM
howw come you didnt take a pic of the dash  ??

I dont know, i'll go snap one right now. .hold on.

73ChargerSE

70charger_boy

PocketThunder

timmy

Charger-Bodie

im sure the 1 bbl carb lends itself to the torquey thraoty sound . what is the rated hp and tq on a 70 /6? :scratchchin:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

timmy

Quote from: 1hot68 on July 01, 2007, 10:16:55 AM
im sure the 1 bbl carb lends itself to the torquey thraoty sound . what is the rated hp and tq on a 70 /6? :scratchchin:

yea that y

69fuchs

145 hp check it out.  BTW nice work paul and timmy!!!!

http://www.allpar.com/slant6.html

timmy

Quote from: 69fuchs on July 01, 2007, 11:23:40 AM

145 hp check it out.  BTW nice work paul and timmy!!!!

http://www.allpar.com/slant6.html

thanks

tipopiola

The guy in the plaid button up shirt looks way too clean to have actually done anything.  He must have just been the eye candy!  :icon_smile_big: Tipopiola  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I wanna see some video of you driving it around the neighborhood, with a bucket for a seat, with no front fenders, or doors on it. How about it :)

Charger1973

Quote from: 69_500 on July 01, 2007, 05:52:48 PM
I wanna see some video of you driving it around the neighborhood, with a bucket for a seat, with no front fenders, or doors on it. How about it :)

I have done that before...  :D

Charger_Fan

Way to go, you guys! :cheers:

PT, how complete are you gonna make the car now? Like door panels-n-carpet, or just some seats, doors & windows?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 01, 2007, 08:41:24 PM

PT, how complete are you gonna make the car now? Like door panels-n-carpet, or just some seats, doors & windows?

I'll put the doors, fenders, hood, grille, bumpers, etc.. back on.  Enought to make it street legal.  I want to drive this to the Aero Car meet in Milwaukee in late August.  I need to get all the lights working.  I dont have carpet.  but i'd like to put down some rubber mats at least to cover the open holes in the floor boards.  :icon_smile_big:  I'll bolt the seats back down and put the old weatherstripping back on and put the glass back in. 

I'll try and get most of the stuff back on it so its not sitting around my garage waiting to get lost.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- <<< formerly MikeD style  ;)

Man this was a fun day and i'm excited to get it finished up!  My spouse came home Sunday and saw that the kitchen ceiling i was supposed to be working on wasnt done, and then she saw the garage realized what i had been doing all day Saturday.  But i didnt get in too much trouble.. hahaha  :pity:

timmy

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 02, 2007, 09:55:25 AM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 01, 2007, 08:41:24 PM

I'll put the doors, fenders, hood, grille, bumpers, etc.. back on.  Enought to make it street legal.  I want to drive this to the Aero Car meet in Milwaukee in late August.  I need to get all the lights working.  I dont have carpet.  but i'd like to put down some rubber mats at least to cover the open holes in the floor boards.  :icon_smile_big:  I'll bolt the seats back down and put the old weatherstripping back on and put the glass back in. 

hopefuly you did not get in to  much trouble 
I'll try and get most of the stuff back on it so its not sitting around my garage waiting to get lost.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- <<< formerly MikeD style  ;)

Man this was a fun day and i'm excited to get it finished up!  My spouse came home Sunday and saw that the kitchen ceiling i was supposed to be working on wasnt done, and then she saw the garage realized what i had been doing all day Saturday.  But i didnt get in too much trouble.. hahaha  :pity:

timmy

PocketThunder

Quote from: timmy on July 02, 2007, 03:39:47 PM
hope you did get in to to much trouble

Oh no, not really any trouble at all.  I got the kitchen ceiling lights installed by the time she got home.  Thats all i could get done anyways, i wasn't gonna start hanging drywall by myself.

I'm thinking of putting the dana in the 68 and putting the 2:76 peg leg from the 68 into the 500 for now.  maybe that will be a better match up of engine and rearends for both cars.

69_500

Man talk about fuel economy in a 500, if you drop that 2.76 peg leg behind the /6 you'll be up around 24-26 mpg I'll bet. Cruising in style. :0