News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

906 heads

Started by darkside, September 19, 2005, 01:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkside

I was wondering if someone can de code the numbers on my heads.I would like to know if this is a good set of heads  ,hp? and what yr.the #'s are 2843906   also has 66160 on it. thanks

RD

they are stocker 906's.  they flow alright for stock, but do not have hardened valve seats.  If you want them to flow, you will have a lot of money in them, so much in fact, that you might as well buy aluminum heads (they are better anyways).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

cudaken

They are stock heads for 1968 to 1970 and are good heads. My self, lack of harden seats has never been any kind of deal. Have 96,000 miles on my 70 383 Cuda and no problems.

Depending on what HP you are looking for they flow OK. In stock trim they will make 400 HP. If you are looking for 500 HP you will be sticking some cash into them. 3 way cut on the valves, matched ported and some pocket work will make 450 real HP. Not bragging right HP put real thing.

Firefighter like the 452's better. Say's they resopund better to head work. I have never my self so i can not say they are better or not.

Not counting my 2463209 up to the new blowen 440 346 heads all I have ran are 906's with stock seats. That is about 350,000 miles of BB fun.

Oh, reason I am trying the 346's heads? All new seats (which are harden), all new steel guides, 2.10 Manily Stainless steel intake and Fera 1.88 Stainless steel exhaust, all new springs that match the cam, new retainers and port work for $700.00.

What can I say. Came close to trying the Elelbrocks but Chyco Psycho does not like them. Firefighter, well I think he takes a pair to bed with him. Must like the bigger ports. ;D  He would leave his wife for the 2463209 heads. ;D

Cuda Ken ;D
I am back

darkside

Is their anyway to tell what yr model the heads are?

cudaken

Dark, all the 906 heads are the same. There is away to know what year but I very worried about the year they where made just the casting number.

I would start a new post about read the casting dates.

Cuda Ken
I am back