News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a pic of aftermarket gauges that they installed...?

Started by Mfr426, July 12, 2007, 07:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hey All, I'm not sure if I should post this in Interior so feel free to move me...

I'm putting this stroker motor in over the next few months I want to have the accuracy of aftermarket gauges including oil pressure, temp and tach. I don't want to butcher up the stock inside of my car (69 Charger SE) and would like a clean look without being too "in your face". I don't know where I would like to install these items and wonder if any has shots of good looking clusters that they've done. Also, anyone have a preference for gauges (manufacturer)?

Thanks for any comments, post, photos, etc..

Mike R in Reading PA
69 Charger RT/SE 512 Stroker (motor in works)

Mean 318

I have a three gauge set up under the dash in my 70, but if you don't want the in your face look you could still put them under the dash and paint the outsides of the gauges and the bracket the color of the dash. They also make the brackets that go on the A pillar of your car, I don't know if it would fit an old car or if you have to hurt your original A pillar trim to put it on. you can get these at any advanced and checker auto parts. IMO go with the first idea, more of the muscle car style. GOOD LUCK!

Brock Samson

several previous post exist on this subject, i'm currently swapping out an old oil preasure guage with a new autometer that matches my autometer tach, i'm hooking up the wire to the lights today...
eventually im gonna do a custom three guage cluster under the dash and above the console in the heavy chrome benzel including a clock which is avail. look further back in this section...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mike dont know if you noticed but I have 2 Autometer Cobalt gauges mounted on the pass side under dash tucked out of site  ;) .

They are electric oil pressure & water temperature.

They are mounted in a way that I can see them with a quick glance (mounted mostly upside down)

The Cobalt series has a black face to hide them when they are off but are back lit with LED's so they are bright enough to see them
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

No I didnt see them Chris. I wish I had more time to actually see more of the details from some of the cars. Can you see them well enough to read them?

Mike

keepat

I hope this helps? I used the small Mechanical Auto Meter Gauges.

Mefirst

Here is what my Chargers cockpit looks like...

The two gauges in the middle of the dash are "El Cheepo" electric oil pressure and water temp gauges..

/Tom

Mfr426

Keepat, I think this is the look that I'm after too. I like that spot and thought it made sense. Do you recall what you paid for that cluster and/or where you go it? Thanks for the shot.

Mike R in Reading PA
69 Charger SE/RT/Stroker

Brock Samson

keepat

I order all the gauges from Summit they are the smaller 2 1/16 gauges installed in a 3"x 1 1/2" aluminum L angle that I fabricated and painted to match. Note: cut the holes low on the 3" side of the L angle as to be viewable. Then you must mount the L angle forword to make space for the ash tray to open.

Mfr426

That dash piece has got to be BIG BUCKS!!! I think I'll start a bit cheaper.

Thanks for the leads guys...