News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wouldn't $20k worth of "stupid money" help finish your Charger?

Started by bull, July 16, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I swiped this from Chris on the 1970 Charger site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130121981790

Bob Barker Microphone as used on "The Price is Right"
Own a piece of American Television History! Item number: 130121981790 

Bidding has ended for this item
Winning bid: US $19,919.08 :o   

Isn't that great? $20k of stupid money blown on Bob Barker's microphone. :rotz: Me, Ron and one other guy could could probably finish our Chargers with that amount of cash.

ramit

It was a radio morning show host here in minneapolis that bought the microphone.  I wonder if the radio station kicked in some money for it because they did a morning show broadcast with that microphone.

Big Lebowski

Careful, nobody knows where that microphone's been. Bob was quite the old perv you know. :D
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Old Moparz

No different than someone over paying for a part for their car because they "just have to have it" at any cost. ::)

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Shakey

I'd agree that paying $20K for something like that is not something I would do but keep in mind there are plenty of folks out there that look at all of us folks spending countless dollars on 40 year old cars as foolish.   :nana:

Forza

Quote from: Shakey on July 17, 2007, 04:27:54 AM
I'd agree that paying $20K for something like that is not something I would do but keep in mind there are plenty of folks out there that look at all of us folks spending countless dollars on 40 year old cars as foolish. :nana:

Im sure those are the same people spending 30-40 grand in a 10.000$ plastic car too.

I cant even begin to think how they thought 20k was a good deal on a microphone. Im sure Bobs laughing all the way to the bank (As if 20k means anything to him lol).