News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What size tip to spray por 15?

Started by bmoparmofo, July 26, 2007, 01:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmoparmofo

Hi, just wondered what tip to use in the gun to spray por 15, I have a devilbiss finishline 3 gun with choice of 1.3,1.5,1.8 tips, thanks for any info!
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Drop Top

Any one of those tips will work. I would go with the 1.5. You shouldn't have to thin as much and if it comes out to fast just pinch the fluid nozle down a bit. Why do you want to spray it? It flows out nicely, goes on easier, and you wont have to worry about overspray or wasting it. I have used it both ways and speaking from experance its much better to brush on then spray on.

bmoparmofo

I sprayed the inside of the frame before the new floorpan is being welded in.It seemed to be easier than brushing it as some areas were awkward to get to. thanks for the advice.Cleaning the gun up after was messy and we will see if it ever comes off my hands.....lol I would definetly brush any easier spots!
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Drop Top

Next time use some latex gloves. In my shop I go through at least a box a week. Theirs 4 of us in the shop and we use them when we mix fillers to primers/sealers paint clear and when we put a car together after buffing. I buy them at CostCo, good quality and price.

69DodgeCharger

Make sure to cover any exposed body parts you don't want POR 15 on or you'll end up like my friend after painting the underside of his car with an "invisible" respirator on your face for about a week.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

moparguy01

Quote from: Drop Top on July 27, 2007, 10:58:39 AM
Next time use some latex gloves. In my shop I go through at least a box a week. Theirs 4 of us in the shop and we use them when we mix fillers to primers/sealers paint clear and when we put a car together after buffing. I buy them at CostCo, good quality and price.

we do the same thing at the shop I work at. I also use them when i'm doing mechanical repair. its alot nicer than getting your hands filthy, because just after your hands get filthy, somebody stops by or the phone rings. then you get the phone dirty. or rip off a glove and call it good.

Harbor Freight also sells latex gloves, a box of 100 for 5 bucks when they go on sale.