News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dick Landy's Chargers 1968 and 1969

Started by Magnumcharger, July 24, 2007, 10:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carson

How to do it back in the Day still works today.

Carson

Just giving back for all the info I have gotten here.

Carson

Speed wisdom from One of the Legends of the Sport.

Carson

More information.

Carson

Last page, will check to see what else I have.

71gtx

[  they have two 69 road runners one was 68 69 post car and a  69 hard top i ;D
feb 1992 mopar action page 82 69 sm road runner is a hard top 69 side-markers are on it   :icon_smile_big:

Carson

My thanks to whoever first posted these pics.

Carson

Another pic ripped from the web.

Carson

Quote from: Magnumcharger on July 24, 2007, 10:32:53 PM
Quote from: bullit68 on July 24, 2007, 10:16:31 PM
a couple of years ago on this sight,someone submiitted photos of a car they saw sitting in a field in the mid-west,it had a landy paint scheme on it.i think it was a 69.i wonder where that car is today?

This one?

Still in the same place. Was considering trying another post about it, but I did not like how it turned out on Moparts awhile ago.

Had talked to Landy on the phone and he was not too helpful at the time, thought Rare Finds might turn up more clues. Another Landy pic hound here.

The 68 R/T 4-speed/Dana has some of the mods described in the articles: modified wheel wells, extra half leafs in the springs, line lock, hole for floor shifter is enlarged and has a custom metal housing, no front sway bar, and a driveshaft loop. It is missing the modified crossmember, pinion snubber and the adjustable stops for limiting ground clearance .

Ghoste

Don't be afraid to post that stuff up around here.  I think you'll find that in general, we're much more open minded and less critical than certain other Mopar sites.  Not always, but in general.

Carson

I'll post more on the Charger soon.

As MagnumCharger pointed out, Landy had several Chargers in 68 and 69. I'm guessing in 68, maybe 4 from pics I've seen. More info anyone?

Also curious as to where the Chargers are.

Carson

Carson

A little bigger

Carson

Carson

Just a bump to see is anyone has anything more to add to the pics.

moparchris

Cany anyone make some poster size prints of any of these pictures?  Specifically the large color picture of the 68 coming off the line and the picture of the 69 with the caption about cars lifting the front wheels, not driving through them?  I will pay you for your time and materials.

mikepmcs

PM 6pkrunner(Mike Collins, I think is his name)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=114

He's the poster guru on the site.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

UFO

Quote from: moparchris on January 08, 2009, 07:35:20 PM
picture of the 69 with the caption about cars lifting the front wheels, not driving through them?

I do get any kickbacks from this??

Magnumcharger

Quote from: UFO on January 08, 2009, 07:41:49 PM
picture of the 69 with the caption about cars lifting the front wheels, not driving through them?

How about a kick in the ass?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

UFO

Quote from: Magnumcharger on January 08, 2009, 08:40:12 PM
Quote from: UFO on January 08, 2009, 07:41:49 PM

How about a kick in the ass?

Everybodies a comedian

Stanleyart

A few years back I had high hopes of working with Danette (Dick's daughter) on some merchandise for DLi, but sadly it just wasn't meant to be. :rotz:

With all of this fabulous (and posted) reference it might be nice just to do a portfolio piece and in color.

Here's the preliminary b/w pencil drawing of Dick I did (back in '04 I think), and coincidentally using copies of the same reference posted in this thread.

-Steve
www.stanleyart.com
www.cokecar.com

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Stanleyart on January 08, 2009, 11:00:18 PM
A few years back I had high hopes of working with Danette (Dick's daughter) on some merchandise for DLi, bud sadly it just wasn't meant to be. :rotz:

With all of this fabulous reference it might be nice just to do a portfolio piece and in color.

Here's a preliminary b/w pencil drawing of Dick I did, and coincidentally using copies of the same reference posted in this thread.

-Steve
www.stanleyart.com
www.cokecar.com

You are amazing, that is beautiful.  :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikepmcs

I don't see the drawing. :shruggy:

oops, there it is, my computer went batty for a minute.

That is some serious talent right there.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

The70RT

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 09, 2009, 06:30:51 AM
I don't see the drawing. :shruggy:

oops, there it is, my computer went batty for a minute.

That is some serious talent right there.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us